Mandarin Duck thread ( for posting pictures and discussing)

If there's any one in the UK looking for Mandarin's I am looking to sell mine. I'm in Lincolnshire and have an adult pair that have been pinioned, a female from last year not pinioned and 5 males and 2 females from this year not pinioned. All apart from the pinioned pair are happy to eat from my hand

Last edited:
Just an update, since this thread is kind of dead, Ember is a boy, Sky is a girl, and sky has a color mutation ( she has two black feathers on the lower part of her wings) it's super pretty, and my mandarins have finally calmed down around me and I can finally pick them up now without them freaking out :)

Here's sky and ember u can see a little of sky's darker feathers, but not many male feathers on ember only bc they are on his chest and he started developing the male wing feathers 2 days ago

Last edited:
Where are the black feathers on Sky (the white mandarin hen)? The darker blonde feathers on her wings are completely normal for a white mandarin. After molting into breeding plumage white mutation ducks will have such coloring which will eventually fade away for the most part in the hens.

Back
Top Bottom