Mandarin Duck thread ( for posting pictures and discussing)

Pics
:( nah i believe that it will be fine besides I'm not raising it by itself I'm raising it with a muscovy duckling I'm hatching, i hatch a lot of muscovies 
I have Muscovys as well they are very easy. Mandarins are harder. I have had numerous cases where people I know will but mandarins and wood ducks. Always died never had one live ever but if you do get some good luck ull need it

You will likely be in for a rude awakening... Yes mandarin ducks are completely different and harder to raise. The muscovies are a joke. Mandarins will not eat or drink on their own just like a muscovy will. Plus the muscovy will outgrow the mandarin quite fast. They are just two completely different birds.

You will likely be in for a rude awakening... Yes mandarin ducks are completely different and harder to raise. The muscovies are a joke. Mandarins will not eat or drink on their own just like a muscovy will. Plus the muscovy will outgrow the mandarin quite fast. They are just two completely different birds.
that is true but the muscovy will pretty much be there t show it what to do, also he sells his mandarins at about 1 week so it already knows how to eat and all

that is true but the muscovy will pretty much be there t show it what to do, also he sells his mandarins at about 1 week so it already knows how to eat and all 
They died bcus they were kinda in a state of shock so they didn't eat even with meal worms. Like blue creek said the Muscovys are a joke when it comes to mandarins it wouldn't work out. If you get them at 1 day or 1 week I personally don't think it'll make a difference they shouldn't be moved it unsettles them

i really want a baby mandarin can y'all please help me and guide me through what i need to do ?
sad.png

There I a reason breeders don't sale ducklings trust me. Plus I think this guy might be trying to scam you. He should know better not to sell ducklings plus I don't think silver mandarins are in the u.s yet only Europe and even over there they're very rare

There I a reason breeders don't sale ducklings trust me. Plus I think this guy might be trying to scam you. He should know better not to sell ducklings plus I don't think silver mandarins are in the u.s yet only Europe and even over there they're very rare
yeah it turned out he doesn't have silver mandarins, he has silver wood ducks, thats what he meant but my brother told me mandarins,

is there any possibility it will be okay?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom