Mandarin Duck thread ( for posting pictures and discussing)

Pics
sunsmuckers,

There is nothing to worry about here, Especially since you say they look good and healthy. It is normal for them to be this way when the surrounding is new to them. They will settle down in about a week and start eating normally. The more you stress and bother them the more they will stress too. I'd stay out of thier sight for at least a week. But doesn't mean you can feed them or give them fresh water.

Almost all are in full color. Anyone wants to post pictures of thier flock of mandarins of this year? ;)

Cute ducklings, especially the silver wood ducks. It appears to be that your hens nest dumped. Did one hen manage to cover and incubate that many eggs?

Cute ducklings, especially the silver wood ducks.  It appears to be that your hens nest dumped.  Did one hen manage to cover and incubate that many eggs? 

I was just thinking the same there must be 30 of them in there. I know one guy who had his mandarin hen sit on 17 of her own eggs and all 17 hatched and she took care of them Ann they all grew up to be beautiful adults 8 boys and 9 girls

Cute ducklings, especially the silver wood ducks.  It appears to be that your hens nest dumped.  Did one hen manage to cover and incubate that many eggs? 

Thank you, they are my favorite especially when they're this tiny. Yes they sure did. :) I had to incubate a bunch my self. But did have one of my hens incubate 23 eggs, all hatched but almost a week later then the original date.

Picked up my Mandarin ducks at the PO and just got them home and put in a pen until I get back home to turn them out into a larger pen. First time every owning this breed, and very happy with them.

Back
Top Bottom