Mandarin Duck thread ( for posting pictures and discussing)

Pics
My hens begin the quacking you are referring to when they are approaching breeding season and it continues throughout breeding season. You will notice that the drakes will make a sound and their mate will often respond with the vocalization specific to that species. It is nice having various species to hear the ducks communicating.

I like this as Well especially with the mixs of tree ducks mandarins, diving ducks, red breasted fees and coscoroba swan, some times they play in melodie :D
And when a wild geese flys over they all start calling after the wild geese and the sound they make it is amazing to listen to :D

Last edited:
Quick question. I'm not going to be using my greenhouse this summer and I was planning on letting my mandarin pair take it over for a while. What is a comfortable temperature for them to tolerate in the summer? The greenhouse is equipped with exterior sunshades and even has a heating/cooling system, so I'm not worried about it getting too hot, I'm just not sure what the ideal maximum temperature would be. Usually hot weather isn't an issue here so I've never really thought about it before :)

Back
Top Bottom