Mandarin Duck thread ( for posting pictures and discussing)

So I have 36 eggs sitting in three different nest boxes and no duck wants to sit on them
idunno.gif
, 11,11 &14 first eggs probably 4 weeks old now, are these useless? I still see the ducks going in and out of the boxes on a regular basis but no one is sitting! 2 ducks are last years and 1 is 2-3 years old but she never sat last year neither. 2 other ducks are sitting almost full term now and I'm expecting ducklings in the next few days.

Do I take these 36 eggs and try them in an incubator or some under a broody hen or are they only fit for the bin? Anyone ever had this happen before?

So I have 36 eggs sitting in three different nest boxes and no duck wants to sit on them
idunno.gif
, 11,11 &14 first eggs probably 4 weeks old now, are these useless? I still see the ducks going in and out of the boxes on a regular basis but no one is sitting! 2 ducks are last years and 1 is 2-3 years old but she never sat last year neither. 2 other ducks are sitting almost full term now and I'm expecting ducklings in the next few days.

Do I take these 36 eggs and try them in an incubator or some under a broody hen or are they only fit for the bin? Anyone ever had this happen before?
If you have the incubator, you'd know in about five days if any were still viable and you wouldn't have to wonder, but I don't now if its worth it if you don't already have the bator.

Hey guys I am going to get a couple pair of mandarin ducks this fall, if I breed them and want unrelated pairs what combination is best if I want whites and regulars. White male with regular female, regular male with white female, or just don't mess around with that and get 2 normal pairs, thanks for your replies.

Hey everyone. I'm sure this question comes up a lot but is there any tips for caring for mandarins ducklings? I have 13 ducklings and I want them to survive. I had a wood duck duckling and it died after 4 days. I know to use muzari feed but is there anything else I can do to help them?

Back
Top Bottom