mandarin egg incubation

soo all 4 mandarin eggs have internal pipped abd one has externaly pipped already and i am now a bit concerned about he other 3 as they havnt externaly pipped and is been all night since the first one externaly pipped should i put a little whole in the other 3 so i know they can at least breath.

I have one Mandy egg that internally pipped yesterday, and this morning I put a small hole in the top for air.......in the past I waited and I ended up with a batch of dead ducklings because they couldn't do it themselves....so beings I'm incubating and not mother nature, I stepped in. It's up to you...just my 2 cents. I'm hoping mine makes it! Good luck and best wishes:)

yeah I learned that way also with a goose egg. sniff . 2 eggs externaly pipped on their own so i went and put a small whole in the others just in case. I just got home from work and found that one might have started to unzip weeee.

O

I have one Mandy egg that internally pipped yesterday, and this morning I put a small hole in the top for air.......in the past I waited and I ended up with a batch of dead ducklings because they couldn't do it themselves....so beings I'm incubating and not mother nature, I stepped in. It's up to you...just my 2 cents. I'm hoping mine

makes it! Good luck and best wishes:)[/
quote]

One started zipping. Weeeee

Mine didn't make it....I can hatch call ducks, but Mandy's are hard for me:( I may just get a pair and not be upset beings I can't hatch them worth a darn!

aww soo sorry . i just got home from work and one hatched and is still in the incubator moving around seems healthy. sad news on my part to i saw one egg was unzipping and had unzipped all the way around so i went to check on it as it looked like it was upside down and no movement died some how not sure. and then i looked at the other two eggs and another one that had just pipped the shell also died. but the fourth egg is still alive and i am trying to be hopeful.

I am just now scared to travel it out side out to the brooder where i have a box set up my parents wont let me keep them in the house anymore. i want to sneek the light in here i know it will be better off in a warm room than a cold outside. there just so much more frigile then normal ducklings. and i have been hatching ducklings like crazy these last two weeks. my male khaki cambell mates with my female cayuga so i have hybrid ducklings and i think there is even some mallard in them. they are really easy to hatch i have on lost 2-3 eggs and that was in the middle of incubation. but once they get to hatching stage i havent lost one. my mallard eggs have been doing well to. I also have some turkey eggs still developing that i got in ebay and too goose eggs left out of six i dont think both with make it as one egg has a displaced air sack. the air cell is on the side of the egg and not even in a circle more like a blob around the egg. but the other one has a good air cell so i hope that one hatches. but i got some geese from a hatchery so i wont be to sad if they dont make it.

if i end up getting am male and female out of the too left all totally send you some eggs when they are older..

:) put the first hatched mandarin under a heat lamp . it looked really week kept closeing its eyes and breathing by opening its mouth alot. was kinda worried. but went back out there and how its doing good even jumping up the sides of the box trying to get to me. so cute all take some pictures.

well that last egg did need some help but is very healthy doing much better than the one was yesterday lifting its head and moving threw the incubator. just put it with some other ducklings that just hatched after it in the brooder.

so happy.

so i got some of that exotic duck /waterfowl starter feed from that online store. my other ducklings really like it. anyone have any prefered way to feed little mandys or woodies . i have heard people put it in the water or with egg white mash type stuff.

Back
Top Bottom