Mapuche Huastec Thread

It seems that it is more important to have a "perfect" rooster because he is influencing all of the offspring. If you hatch 100 eggs, all of them will have a portion of his genetics. If you hatch 100 eggs from 10 hens, only 10% will be from your hen. And you will still be able to select from the nicest of those 10.
I didn't realize this until I started breeding, that roosters are more valuable than hens....in terms of breeding. if you know what I mean.
If you have a perfect rooster, then you will be heading in the right direction no mater what you do that year.

Nice looking birds. I ca not wait to see how my Sweet potatoes turn out. Here they are at about six weeks,

I am very excited about black Olmecs. So far they are my favorite. Pictures really do not do them any justice. Their color is much more beautiful than you can tell in the photo.

The last pic has an Olive egg er also. Thanks for sharing pics everyone. I hope to see many more.
fl.gif

So here are some more recent pics of my little flock. This Quechua is a girl?

A boy?

still having trouble with this Olmec. I think a boy.

i really do not mind if they are boys. What makes you think boys? Is it the color? I am having a hard time telling. I have one more Olmec that is smaller but has a small amount of that lighter color on the neck. Can hardly wait to know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom