maran eggs taste?

I consider myself to have a pretty good palate. I can't tell them apart from any of my other eggs.

somone told me a while ago that a because they are supposed to be delicious meat birds they are prefered over any other breed..in parts of italy they are raised as meat birds...ive never eaten one, but will tell you that polet de bress was by far the best chicken ive ever eaten...those are handled so different than the factory farming we do...they capon them, then feed them milk and corn for a month? befor butcher..best thing ive ever eaten..would that work on any breed? not sure..there was a show on pbs with mario batali, gweneth paltrow ectt...they toured a family farm in italy they butchered a dark maran that morning for the meal...the way this italian woman made the dish was so good it left them all speechless.they all said it was by far the best chicken they had ever eaten..

With all newcomers who could hardly distinguish a chicken egg from a duck egg, or a chicken from a duck not long ago, voicing their "expert" opinions I say that:

Chicken egg or any bird's eggs taste/yolk color and taste is:

99% what you feed them (greens mean better yolk color and taste)

1% the bread

If you feed your Marans crap their eggs will be no better than supermarket eggs.

If you don't agree, that's fine (you do not have to respond)

However if you feel " offended " by my statement just keep raising your chicks for 20 more years and THEN get back with me.

k, thanks it makes sense im just starting and i wasnt sure... whats the best thing to feed them in your oppinion?

also it wasnt me saying it... I heard it on another forum and was scepticle so I asked because you guys DO know alot more than me on chickens.

I can tell a huge difference on true French Copper Maran eggs to any other if you eat them over easy. If you cook them to welldone they will taste as bad as any other egg cooked that way. French have more sense when it comes to culinary arts .Do not mistake American Maran to a true French Maran.

Back
Top Bottom