Marans eggs on ebay....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had to throw my 2 cents in. I won an auction from this ebayer LAST Sunday night (9/28) for 6+ eggs. I heard back the next day (Monday 9/29) saying they would be shipped the FOLLOWING Monday (10/5) which I will be honest really irritated me. I completely understand that the hens do what they do and will stop but it sounded to me like this auction was more of a pre-purchase. l sent her another email on Saturday inquiring on my eggs. I was told they would be shipping first thing Monday 10/5. I received no email to confirm shipping yesterday so I sent yet another email last night. I have yet to hear from her.

So, far, NOT impressed at all with service and my feedback will reflect that--IF I ever get my eggs. If/when they do arrive, just to give you information, I'll post a pic of the eggs so everyone can see their color.

ETA: Well, i just got an email that they will be shipped today and they she is sending 7, being a week past the auction end I would have hoped for more than just one extra BUT I can't complain, it IS an extra!. Said she was hoping for more but "they all have just about completely stopped laying.". Not getting a good vibe here at all, at this point if it was me I would NOT be bidding on any more of her eggs. Unless when they arrive they are the darkest I've seem, there is not much to redeem their feedback rating at this point. Guess this is a case of buyer beware!

Last edited:
Said she was hoping for more but "they all have just about completely stopped laying."

That does not bode well.
hmm.png
If they've just about stopped laying, more than likely it is only one, maybe two birds, laying & the chances of getting full brother & sister are increased, also some of the eggs are probably older than one would hope, if one considers time spent going though postal system.
sad.png

Quote:
That does not bode well.
hmm.png
If they've just about stopped laying, more than likely it is only one, maybe two birds, laying & the chances of getting full brother & sister are increased, also some of the eggs are probably older than one would hope, if one considers time spent going though postal system.
sad.png

yeah, i know. not a very satisfied buyer here!
somad.gif

oh and she has yet to leave any feedback for me, despite having paid immediately upon completion of the auction.
rant.gif

Not what i would expect from the VP of the MOAC. Although, on a positive note this DOES help me decide NOT to join that club!

Quote:
This is a good place to remind folks that there are several "clubs" out there, some dues-collecting and some not. Be sure you get the initials right when you are investigating the different groups.
wink.png

Quote:
That does not bode well.
hmm.png
sad.png

yeah, i know. not a very satisfied buyer here!
somad.gif

oh and she has yet to leave any feedback for me, despite having paid immediately upon completion of the auction.
rant.gif

Not what i would expect from the VP of the MOAC. Although, on a positive note this DOES help me decide NOT to join that club!

Most egg-sellers (or so it seems) wait until after you leave them feedback before leaving feedback. I think it's good practice to wait period, no matter what you are selling. I had someone 'buy' some DVDs I had listed on ebay, and I left feedback right away. The very next day they filed a dispute with paypal to get their money back. Luckily I never sent them the DVDs (they were supposed to send me a list of the ones they wanted and never did). But that just reinforced the fact that I should wait until after they leave feedback before I leave any.
smile.png

This is a good place to remind folks that there are several "clubs" out there, some dues-collecting and some not. Be sure you get the initials right when you are investigating the different groups.

How many different Marans Clubs are there in US & what are their names?​

Quote:
How many different Marans Clubs are there in US & what are their names?

if you do a google search you will find tons of clubs. the two I have been looking at are the MOAC (Marans of America Club) and Marans Chicken Club (via Yahoo). I don't want to highjack this thread but I do agree, lots of clubs out there and investigation needs to be put into any of them. I don't want to sway anyone with my opinions on which clubs to join or not join.

As far as the feedback thing, i only thought it odd because of the other sellers I've bought eggs from on ebay, they have left feedback after I have paid and not after I left feedback for them. I left my feedback as soon as the eggs arrived. I know everyone is different with their feedback, this is just what I have seen with the few sellers I've dealt with so that's why I thought it odd. I haven't bought from enough egg sellers to know how the majority operates so I guess I can't be upset if waiting is the norm for most.

Quote:
How many different Marans Clubs are there in US & what are their names?

There have been bunches of groups, some calling themselves clubs and some not. Most are defunct.

The ones I can think of at the moment --

Marans Chicken Club USA (obviously my personal favorite)
Marans Breeders of America
Marans of American Club
North American Marans Breeders
North American Marans Club
American Marans Club
Marans Preservation Society

And there's probably others as well!

The ones I can think of at the moment --

Blimey, that is a lot.
ep.gif

How many are still active?

In Britain, there are also one or two breeds which have two clubs. Usually when one party cannot get along with another party. I is unfortunate; usually each group is certain that the other group is disreputable in some way.​

Well some would do accept "hatchery Marans" owners and others do not. It all depends on the club themselves and what their goals are in the breed club.

Like ours, we are just starting out and strive for the best in the Welsummer Club of North America. You just have to ask alot of questions such as where our birds came from.

Yes there is alot of Maran Clubs around here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom