Marans question...confused

81091_img_9226.jpg

This is the one I can differentiate (I watched it hatch from the blue copper maran egg)

Last edited:
Quote:
I put in 3 of my mutt eggs from my back yard. Two of those chick are them. I think they are both roosters and funny thing is, they both like to be held the most. They are any combination of about 1000 endless possibilities as most all the birds in my backyard flock are mutts! Out of 9 eggs that hatched in my last incubator experience..... 3 are mutts (2 dark and 1 light) 1 is a black ameracauna, 1 is a buff orpington, 2 are australorp, 1 is the grey marans and 1 mystery maran....somewhere.....

I am about to do a very scientific (
wink.png
) sorting experiment. I'm putting all the black chicks together and investigate their feet! Feet seem to be the determining factor......... I'll post results soon. Thank yall for getting involved with my chick mystery! I'm kinda having fun.
clap.gif

81091_img_9229.jpg

I think it's really cute....is this one going to be "Splash" ? It's the same chick from post #21

Oh and I might add...this one does not have yellow feet. It's feet are light grey with feathers.

Last edited:
If the "Marans" chicks you have, have yellow combs, feet, or legs, something else got into the woodpile. Yellow means it is not a purebred Marans.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom