Marans Thread for Posting Pics of Your Eggs, Chicks and Chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
these are some of my boys and one of my girls and my most recent eggs. i hatched the marans from eggs i bought from bev couple years back. the blue copper is second generation. he will be going to a friend of mine's house this weekend who has black copper girls from bev. he's grown up to be quite the handsome boy. i have him in a pen with ameraucana's at the moment. i'm hoping to hatch out pullets that will lay me those green eggs with dark brown spots. i love the look of those eggs.

sorry these eggs look dirty. it was before they went into the incubator and i hadn't washed them yet. my girls actually started laying 2's and 3's during the fall, but from my understanding, the color come's back, and sure enough, you can see that the dark color came back. i have no idea what color they are. i tell people they're 4's and 5's. i find it very neat that i can tell which girl layed which egg by the size, shape and color of each egg.

myeggs.jpg

duoedit.jpg

41708007edit.jpg

41708016.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh those are such pretty birds and eggs!! The blues are just my favorites, with the Wheaton being in there as well! Although I have yet to have any Wheaton or Blue Marans! You have lovely stuff! Hope you get those spotty eggs! Thats what I'm shooting for with some of my mixes as well.

Tina

Quote:
Hmmm. Lets see here now. Yes those little white fuzzy things definitely don't look like Marans.
I am going to say Cuckoo, Black, Black Copper and is that Black Tailed Buff?
Or maybe those are the Golden Salmon
hmm.png
I am going to put my money on Black Tailed Buff.

I like these quizzies
pop.gif

I see the Golden Cuckoo! Love them! (I cheated - I know about your little rooster hopeful) but seriously, what is the reddish one?
Tina

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh, yes, you're probably right. Those are young Wheaten roosters, not Black tailed buff.
smile.png

Hey! My Barred Rock thinks she's a Marans! It's hard to tell in this crappy picture but the spots on her egg on the left are maroon colored.

It's a Spotted Rock egg
tongue.png

11818_spottedrock_002.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I have been MIA for weeks, as I have been soooooo busy. I haven't read all I missed. But wanted to do a drive by to say hello.

It was minus 18 in our barn at 6 am. Dear lord, I am sick of this bitter cold. Our chooks really have refused to go outside since the snow arrived in late november and their combs, unfortunately, got some frostbite. Not much laying either, and I decided not to do much light to allow them to go on their natural cycle.

ltchicken, those blues are beauties.
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom