Marans

Purebred chicks = purebred adults
Pink-footed = pure
I don’t understand your logic.
Chicks change a lot. If they have orange or yellow legs when they are chicks doesn’t mean they will have orange or yellow legs when they are adults. It also doesn’t mean they aren’t purebred. Actually some of my Marans did have orange legs when they were chicks and now they have slate legs just like the standard calls for. Another example, Black Copper Marans aren’t supposed to have white feathers, but some chicks do. Even growouts sometimes have white feathers that eventually fall out and disappear when they reach adulthood. They change a lot trust me. No disrespect but I’m curious if you even raise this breed.

Chicks change a lot. If they have orange or yellow legs when they are chicks doesn’t mean they will have orange or yellow legs when they are adults. It also doesn’t mean they aren’t purebred. Actually some of my Marans did have orange legs when they were chicks and now they have slate legs just like the standard calls for. Another example, Black Copper Marans aren’t supposed to have white feathers, but some chicks do. Even growouts sometimes have white feathers that eventually fall out and disappear when they reach adulthood. They change a lot trust me. No disrespect but I’m curious if you even raise this breed.
It doesn’t matter whether I raise them or not.
And you probably have some point.
But all the quality Maran chicks I’ve seen have had pinkish legs.
I’m still sure these ones aren’t Marans...wrong overall look.

It doesn’t matter whether I raise them or not.
And you probably have some point.
But all the quality Maran chicks I’ve seen have had pinkish legs.
I’m still sure these ones aren’t Marans...wrong overall look.
So you’re telling me the only reason you think they aren’t Marans is because they have yellow/orange legs?

I also think I see slight muffs on some, could be wrong.
Ad a rose comb.
A2CC69B7-4180-422D-A3F5-C311CD589AB1.jpeg

I also think I see slight muffs on some, could be wrong.
Ad a rose comb. View attachment 2496177
The chicks of BCM are very fluffy. The quality of the picture isn’t good enough to distinguish the comb. This definitely looks like a Marans to me. The only thing I see wrong about the chick is feathers on the middle toe, but as I’ve mentioned they do change a lot so they could very well disappear.

Back
Top Bottom