March 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
Where you store your eggs before you set them in the incubator? I am trying to collect 22 EE eggs to put in the incubator but we only get 4 big ones a day.
Use a clean egg carton, put them pointy end down, with a book under 1 end of the carton so they are slightly tilted. 3xs a day, move the book to the other side. Store them somewhere around 65-75 degrees if you can!

So much going on in here! I had 3 Cemani eggs that I have pulled. One wasn’t fertilized and 2 quit on me. I had 2 Pavlovskaya egg s not fertilized and 1 quit on me. I honestly can’t keep track of how many eggs I have going. I technically have 7 different hatch dates for this month. But I will only have 2 lockdown dates. Some are going to be hatching so close together that it doesn’t make since to lockdown 2 days off each other. My first lockdown will be on Sunday for 22 Call eggs and Cemani, Bantam Cochin, and Pavlovskaya chicken eggs. That right there will be (hopefully) my biggest hatch. But for sure my biggest lockdown so far….🤞🤞🤞

Hi everyone. I didn't think so but can anyone tell me if the egg turner in the Nurture Right 360 has anything to do with the number of days? Today should be day 3 but it's still on day 4, the only change was the egg turner came unplugged. I left it unplugged because I didn't realize it still said day 4 this morning and I've already removed the turning rack and put down paper towels and didn't want it to start turning again.
Do you mean you are on day 18 so 3 days left? It won't change until it hits the time that you reset it. Example at 230 pm I set my eggs and reset the count down so today at 230 my count down changed from 10 to 9. Hope that helps. Don't think the turner matters.

I candled my 16 in the incubator and they are doing well. Then checked the 9 under the broody a couple hours before day 3. Some looked clear and most I couldn't say for sure but didn't see anything definite in any...... Not sure if not quite day 3, or maybe where it is cooler out so the bottom of nest box is cooler so maybe slower to develop????

I candled my 16 in the incubator and they are doing well. Then checked the 9 under the broody a couple hours before day 3. Some looked clear and most I couldn't say for sure but didn't see anything definite in any...... Not sure if not quite day 3, or maybe where it is cooler out so the bottom of nest box is cooler so maybe slower to develop????
For this batch I couldn’t see anything in most of them til day 5….might be too early

11a.PNG

From the green egg farm. I am letting them get to room temp, tomorrow they will go into incubator.

Back
Top Bottom