March 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
Out of my original 44 eggs between the 2 incubators, I found 5 that were infertile so I removed those last night. I was only able to confirm 13 with veins. There are about 7-8 that are questionable and the rest are way too dark. I used the light on the NR360, my phone, and a tactical flashlight and can't see anything in my OE's, legbars, and most of the BCM's. So frustrating. I want to see!!

Out of my original 44 eggs between the 2 incubators, I found 5 that were infertile so I removed those last night. I was only able to confirm 13 with veins. There are about 7-8 that are questionable and the rest are way too dark. I used the light on the NR360, my phone, and a tactical flashlight and can't see anything in my OE's, legbars, and most of the BCM's. So frustrating. I want to see!!
It will be a mystery oooOOOoooOOooOoooo 🤣

If I go into a dark closet and use my strongest tactical flashlight, I can see into the Araucana and Marans eggs that are due 3/7…but just barely! Enough to see a vein or two. I try not to do it for more than a second, because that flashlight is like the sun and starts to get hot 😬 not trying to cook the chicks with photons !

Lockdown day!! Getting so close!! Cant wait!! :celebrate :jumpy
20230301_135809.jpg

Quick candle on day 3.
One marans egg might have a crack but I can’t tell because the line doesn’t look like how it would crack…so 🤞 I lost my only marans egg last hatch andhave two this time.
See some clear development in about half and I can see through my Ameraucana and Easter eggers thank goodness! The Easter eggers must be a first generation? because they look exactly like Ameraucana eggs.

Back
Top Bottom