March 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
Official check in on the eggs tonight Day 4
- 10 with signs of development
- 2 look clear
Of course the two that look clear are Ameraucana and EE. I want….no NEED colourful egg layers! 🌈
Hopefully you don't have my luck with colored layers!!!! My OE lays dark brown, one EE lays such a a light blue it is almost white, my CCL is almost 11 mo and hasn't laid yet, my 2 project Cochins that hatched from green eggs and had a chance to lay green lay brown..... I do have one EE that lays a beautiful teal eggs. But 19 girls 6 should/could lay colored eggs and so far get 1 with real color. Lol

Hopefully you don't have my luck with colored layers!!!! My OE lays dark brown, one EE lays such a a light blue it is almost white, my CCL is almost 11 mo and hasn't laid yet, my 2 project Cochins that hatched from green eggs and had a chance to lay green lay brown..... I do have one EE that lays a beautiful teal eggs. But 19 girls 6 should/could lay colored eggs and so far get 1 with real color. Lol
With my luck….this will be me haha

Haha yup my husband did not want chicken at all! Soooo I convinced my daughter to show chickens and started building my own coop and bought eggs anyway…lol.
Funny mine was the one that said we should get them. I raised them growing up, and showed them, but figured he would never go for it. He said he only said it for me, but I never told him I would want them.... He was thinking 4.... I started with 10... One passed away, 1 roo re-homed... Now up to 21 and I want to add another 6 or so this year. Lol

Funny mine was the one that said we should get them. I raised them growing up, and showed them, but figured he would never go for it. He said he only said it for me, but I never told him I would want them.... He was thinking 4.... I started with 10... One passed away, 1 roo re-homed... Now up to 21 and I want to add another 6 or so this year. Lol
I never had farm animals growing up but lived in a farming area and helped out neighbours (haying season paid in chicken meat as a kid lol)
His family had animals but he doesn’t have the interest. Me I’d have a whole farm as of yesterday if I could.

I never had farm animals growing up but lived in a farming area and helped out neighbours (haying season paid in chicken meat as a kid lol)
His family had animals but he doesn’t have the interest. Me I’d have a whole farm as of yesterday if I could.
Me too! I want mini cows, goats, acreages filled with chickens! Sighhhh someday!

Well the baby listened! She hatched an hour later hehe!

The other two have pipped, but seem to be taking their sweet time!

Attachments

• 67A3471A-2F58-4C3E-8CCC-0137C6116EF4.jpeg
    67A3471A-2F58-4C3E-8CCC-0137C6116EF4.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 3
warning.......... It gets even worse once you hear peeping in there ...... then again once you see a pip!!!! LOL It is so exciting though!!!!!!
First time hatcher! I have 5 silkie eggs that should be making their debut on March 4th. Usually I just get chicks to add to my flock but decided to try incubating eggs this time. I find myself staring into the incubator multiple times a day. Can't wait to see a pip!
Agree with @junior67. I just finished my first hatch 4 days ago and when I seen a pip it was so hard to leave. My first to hatch took no time at all. My last one to hatch took hours and I was up just watching in the middle of the night. 😂

I would love pygmy goats!!!! My husband asked for one but when I let him know you need 2 he changed his mind. Mini cows would be great too .. ok ok just a huge farm with a couple of everything. Lmao but alas I need more land for that. Lol. I grew up with chickens, rabbits, a couple ducks. At one point had a few homing pigeons. We were going to get pygmy goats but never did

Back
Top Bottom