March 2023 hatch-a-long

Just got home on break, 2 pips!!! :wee

Attachments

• 20230322_123205.jpg
    20230322_123205.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 1
Honestly I think looked more like the second.. I was pretty sure I saw a little mouth moving inside it.. I could obviously be completely wrong tho! As far as hearing little peeps... My incubator is in the same room as my brooder with a dozen 1 week olds right now... there is always peeping!!
I stick my ear up to the incubator to try to hear what is in there. Lol. If no external pips you can open it and put eggs up to your ear.

Ok saw other post so no need to listen. Lol

Woohoo on pips!

Last edited:
Good news, the little chickie I helped hatch on day 24/25 went out to the brooder just now! She is not as strong as the others but looking pretty darn good. I am going to eggtopsy the remaining eggs to see if I can tell when they may have died. Some I couldn’t see into well enough so I left them alone, but I’m guessing most will be malpositioned.

Final hatch stats:

39 set
31 to lockdown - 79% of total set
20 hatched incl 3 assists - 51% of total set, 65% of lockdown total :hit

11AF4A31-8679-4DC5-B66F-30628EB86DC1.jpeg

Good news, the little chickie I helped hatch on day 24/25 went out to the brooder just now! She is not as strong as the others but looking pretty darn good. I am going to eggtopsy the remaining eggs to see if I can tell when they may have died. Some I couldn’t see into well enough so I left them alone, but I’m guessing most will be malpositioned.

Final hatch stats:

39 set
31 to lockdown - 79% of total set
20 hatched incl 3 assists - 51% of total set, 65% of lockdown total :hit

View attachment 3440333
She's beautiful! Maybe she is just a throwback to a slower developing heritage type.

Back
Top Bottom