March 2023 hatch-a-long

auha.PNG

A 3rd hatched and it seems to be a stargazer, and 4 more hatching...

My chicks are hatching as I'm writing this. A bunch have hatched already. I can't see enough to count. That is the bad side of this incubator. But for that it does a fantastic job.
The booted bantams that I am hatching for a friend seem to hatch well as well. But they are soooo tiny compared to my Sulmtaler.
My other March hatches are doing well. I lost two Augsburger chicks. I don't know why. I was able to rehome 4 Augsburger chicks where the comb was not good enough. Yes, it does count for show birds. My Sulmtaler are growing faster than in previous years. Wow!!
Check out the difference! The larger chicks are only 2 weeks older than the little one.
Sulmtaler chicks.jpg

I have one Augsburger chick that doesn't seem to be thriving. It doesn't seem to be sick or weak... just small. It is eating and drinking. I will watch her for a while and then decite what to do with her/him. Check out the size difference. The black Augsburger chick on the right... same age a Sulmtaler hen and in the front a Sulmtaler rooster 2 weeks older.

Augsburger.jpg

My chicks are hatching as I'm writing this. A bunch have hatched already. I can't see enough to count. That is the bad side of this incubator. But for that it does a fantastic job.
The booted bantams that I am hatching for a friend seem to hatch well as well. But they are soooo tiny compared to my Sulmtaler.
My other March hatches are doing well. I lost two Augsburger chicks. I don't know why. I was able to rehome 4 Augsburger chicks where the comb was not good enough. Yes, it does count for show birds. My Sulmtaler are growing faster than in previous years. Wow!!
Check out the difference! The larger chicks are only 2 weeks older than the little one.
View attachment 3449002

I have one Augsburger chick that doesn't seem to be thriving. It doesn't seem to be sick or weak... just small. It is eating and drinking. I will watch her for a while and then decite what to do with her/him. Check out the size difference. The black Augsburger chick on the right... same age a Sulmtaler hen and in the front a Sulmtaler rooster 2 weeks older.

View attachment 3449003
yay! We are hatch buddies, although you are farther ahead than me. I have 1 out 😀

I wonder about those failure to thrive chicks… I had 1 last year that stayed tiny for months and then all of a sudden caught up and now I see no difference.

yay! We are hatch buddies, although you are farther ahead than me. I have 1 out 😀

I wonder about those failure to thrive chicks… I had 1 last year that stayed tiny for months and then all of a sudden caught up and now I see no difference.
Yay hatch buddy!!!
Really? Well, then there is hope yet!

Back
Top Bottom