March 21 CHICKEN SWAP TSC MILFORD NH ( recycled post with new date)

Are you going to be seeding any heirloom varieties, tomatoes, peppers, pumpkins etc?

I am going to be particularly looking for mortgage enders and cherokee purples, I love the cherokees', ugly tomato with the nicest taste.

I am also lookiing for an heirloom egg plant that only grows to about 2 -3 inches bulbed but I cant remember the name of it.
But I remember it had a sweet nutty flavor unlike the ones that are sold in stores.

Quote:
I know I"m speaking for us all when I say....

wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

Gypsy,
All we do is heirloom, GMO free stuff. I would like to say organic, but can't unless we are "certified" by the guv'ment
roll.png
, we can't say organic.

Also, I will see about getting that eggplant seed from one of my sources.

I'll also see what my wife has for tomatoes.

My wife brought up a good point, how many of you want seedlings in March?? We will have some, but we would be willing to take pre orders (no money down) in March for April or May delivery and payment from BYC members. That way you don't have to take care of seedlings early and we don't have to ramp up our starts early and get stuck with plants.

Quote:
Thats a very good idea. I can always paypal + the fee when or if you can find the egg plant starts especially , whoo hoo , I sure hope you can find them.

Quote:
OH...I seriously doubt you will be stuck with plants.
wink.png

I'd gladly take 6-8 Brandywine tomatoes and a whole flat of Mammoth Sugar Snap Peas....ANY lettuce....you start them for me so I do not have too.....I'll give you a BAR of soap for FREE!!
celebrate.gif

i see what your saying about the tomatos, i would say that if you bring them in april/may or when ever they should be planted is when we would buy.

I had a great time at the swap today! It was a nice gathering and the weather held up for our 2hr trip.

I got 7 chickens today and I'm thrilled! 2 silkies, 2 columbian wyandotte and 3 mixes
I finally satisfied my chicken fever (for now) pics are here, if you want to see my new babies: http://picasaweb.google.com/gaeamama/022309newchickens?feat=directlink

I
can't wait to try out my new soaps, and I'm wishing now I had some fudge to eat while cruising BYC!

I would definitely buy seeds/starts at future swaps!

~Robin

Last edited:
I had a great time too. wonderful to see everyone. bought hatching eggs from gypsie. decided to wait till tomorrow to set in case power goes out with storm. gypsie, I think I have 4 different shades of eggs. could there be 4 different moms? can not wait to see what I get. will have to look back on thread to see what the mixes might be. I forgot already. the only part I remember is red comet and polish. lol those quail eggs are so cute! can not imagine peeling them for pickled eggs. I would need a magnifying glass.

I would like a few tomatoes-love brandywines, adn some lettuces. Do you happen to grow mache? I think it is also called corn salad or corn mache?
Cheers,
Terry

Back
Top Bottom