March 21 CHICKEN SWAP TSC MILFORD NH ( recycled post with new date)

My husband is in more trouble than he realizes, isn't he?
lol.png

Ok, I think I'm going to rule out any breeds/chicks that can't be accurately sexed when I'm looking to buy them. So, unless someone ordered some pullet EE's and is selling their extra, they're hard to sex right, right? Wow, that was quite a run-on.

Ok, I'm going to show up and someone needs to say: Here Deanne, these are 3 healthy, pretty happy pullets for you. I will then hand them money
big_smile.png

yeah... he is. maybe he and my dh can commiserate. Mine really doenst know what to do with me or his kid anymore when it comes to the chickens etc. But. He is happy that he now has all the tools(multiple power drills, saws etc) he might end up needing for all these animals.

the standard size chickens are the easy ones to sex early. But sometimes a roo can get tossed in. Thats how I ended up with Humphrey. He was originally Ingrid
I am tkaing a chance with the little DUccle bantams. But both my dd and I love the ones we have met at my barn owners place.. so I am taking somewhat of a chance. Well I can pick and choose when they get in. Or wait til they are a bit older and then choose,,, so. I am just lucking out that she is just as crazy when it comes to the chickens as we both are with the horses

Last edited:
Quote:
i ordered all pullets, but cant promise i will still have any in may, maybe but i cant hold one that long.

someone might order more before then though. Ya never know

I'm so torn. I'm trying to convince myself that if I can get the darn tractor at least planned out, so that I can move them outside on warm days that it'll work. I have an unfinished basement and I was thinking that once they feathered out a good bit I could use it to acclimate them. So I guess if they went a little longer than 6 weeks it wouldn't be the end of the world since they'd be downstairs and not in my study.

I want about 37 chickens and I want them now. I'm a goner.
tongue.png

Ok, another newb question. My 'plan' (we all know how that goes!) is to get 3 pullets this year, and then in two years get two more. I think that would help keep the eggs averaged out a bit, right?

Random vent: We have a freaking perfect shed in the yard to make a coop. 3 windows, front door, two fold down 'bunk's I could rework. But noooooooooo, DH wants to save it for the kids. Argh
wink.png

Hey guys.
I am looking at the calender here trying to plan ahead for kitchen time(wedding season coming up for the bakers and since they are small and cheap they are getting busy) I have March and May planned out, works out better if I dont have a real job by May
tongue.png

Are there any Chicken Stocks planned for April?

Rhett&SarahsMom :

Hey guys.
I am looking at the calender here trying to plan ahead for kitchen time(wedding season coming up for the bakers and since they are small and cheap they are getting busy) I have March and May planned out, works out better if I dont have a real job by May
tongue.png

Are there any Chicken Stocks planned for April?

April 26th is the next one​

Quote:
Chickn,
Yea they will be young. I will make sure that the brooder is running at home the day before. What can I do to make sure they stay warm on the drive home (about 45 min)? Will you be inside the store or outside?

Sorry for the questions now. We can finalize as they day gets closer. I am just want everything to go well.

Back
Top Bottom