March 21 or so hatching

Candles my eggs tonight, I saw veining in all of them super excited.
big_smile.png

I went to look at my bator and it was dropped a few degrees. I am trying to bring it back up, I don't think it hurt anything but it could have been colder for 10 minutes or 10 hours.

Bantams seem to hatch the same as anything else. I had a modern game hatch, then a lakenvelder, then two silkies and another modern game. My biggest egg is just now pipping, but it also may be the one who was set a day late.

I'll join you all. I'm incubating 41 Easter Egger eggs (3 EE roos, mix of mostly EE, Production Reds, Barred Rock hens (see sig. line for total # of hens)). I'm doing this at the school I work at so I can't adjust or anything on weekends or overnight (or the snow day we had yesterday). They turn the heat down low on nights and weekends. Hopefully they'll all hatch out the week before we start our Spring Break.

I tried to candle this morning but couldn't see much thru the brown and green eggs. It is only day 5 after all. LOL
I will try again later this week and hopefully it'll be good enough to show the students.

CG

My kids could have done that at their school. I knew how much work would go into them and kept saying no. That changed a couple of years ago when I saw the chicks in TSC and I forgot about what needed to be done for them and just saw the "cute factor". LOL

The last group f kids I presented to yesterday got to see veins and a floating spot. I think they were totally impressed.
wink.png
I had a couple of kids wanting to take chicks home (I should have joked about counting before they hatch), but I told them "Sure, you just come out to my house once you have a place for them." (I live 10 miles out of town, so mother/father has to drive there and since I'm unlisted in the phone book, I don't think they'll be able to find my house anyway.) I really don't need chicks, so if I'm successful at hatching this time (first time 2 out of 41 bantams, 7 out of 41 second time), I may sell some of them as green egg layers. If I only have a half dozen hatch, I may just try keeping them. Of course, it may not be successful at all and I get nothing but disappointed kids.

CG

Hi, I just set 8 Ameracaunas March 2... So I should expect them on the 23rd. I have a new Brinsea, so am enjoying it very much. Look forward to hearing about everyone's hatch.

Back
Top Bottom