March Baked Goods Swap *Sign Ups Closed*

Got the cookies and zucchini bread from reesepoultry today! My 2 year old approves.
big_smile.png

Sure...

Window Pane Rock Candy
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup water
3/4 cup corn syrup
1 dram essential oil flavoring
food coloring, if desired
2 tsp powdered sugar

In a medium saucepan, bring the sugar, water, and syrup to a boil; stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Using a candy thermometer, let the mixture get to 300 deg. F. (The temps rise fast from 250 up so keep an eye out!)

While the sugar mixture is heating up, line a cookie sheet with wax paper and spray liberally with oil.

Once the mixture is at temperature, add the flavoring and food coloring. Stir. Pour out onto the oiled cookie sheet. Move fast as it starts to set quickly. Don't worry about any bubbles, they will work themselves out. Let it cool completely (1 - 2 hours). Using the wax paper, carefully pry the sheet of candy off the cookie sheet. Peel off the wax paper and invert the candy back onto the cookie sheet (so what was the bottom is now facing up).

With a hard, blunt object (I use a knife handle.) whack the candy into bite sized pieces. Put into a storage container (I use two pint mason jars). Add a tsp of the powdered sugar to each jar, put on lid and shake until all the pieces are coated in a light covering of sugar. Makes 2 pints candy.

Enjoy!

If anything is unclear, just ask! I would be happy to clarify. :) It sounds like a lot of work, but after you do it once it is pretty straight forward and easy.

Thanks so much. It sounds easy-peasy
clap.gif

Actually it is Banana Nut Bread.
gig.gif

Got the cookies and zucchini bread from reesepoultry today! My 2 year old approves.
big_smile.png

Sure...

Window Pane Rock Candy
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup water
3/4 cup corn syrup
1 dram essential oil flavoring
food coloring, if desired
2 tsp powdered sugar

In a medium saucepan, bring the sugar, water, and syrup to a boil; stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Using a candy thermometer, let the mixture get to 300 deg. F. (The temps rise fast from 250 up so keep an eye out!)

While the sugar mixture is heating up, line a cookie sheet with wax paper and spray liberally with oil.

Once the mixture is at temperature, add the flavoring and food coloring. Stir. Pour out onto the oiled cookie sheet. Move fast as it starts to set quickly. Don't worry about any bubbles, they will work themselves out. Let it cool completely (1 - 2 hours). Using the wax paper, carefully pry the sheet of candy off the cookie sheet. Peel off the wax paper and invert the candy back onto the cookie sheet (so what was the bottom is now facing up).

With a hard, blunt object (I use a knife handle.) whack the candy into bite sized pieces. Put into a storage container (I use two pint mason jars). Add a tsp of the powdered sugar to each jar, put on lid and shake until all the pieces are coated in a light covering of sugar. Makes 2 pints candy.

Enjoy!

If anything is unclear, just ask! I would be happy to clarify. :) It sounds like a lot of work, but after you do it once it is pretty straight forward and easy.

Just got my package from farmerchef... A beautiful braided loaf with seasons, chocolate chip cookies and chocolate turtle cookies. Yeah, I don't think I'm going to share the turtle cookies. Mine all mine!

Back
Top Bottom