• 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
What's a Hatch a long anyway?

It's where people hatch chicks together over the internet. Everyone posts updates and then pics when the chicks hatch!!
And this one continues all the way through March which means you can set eggs during the first week or so and still be in it!!!
( I think
hide.gif
)

I ordered fertile quail eggs 3 days ago and they still haven't arrived, is there still hope of the eggs hatching when I receive them?

It's not from a hatchery it's from a local breeder... off ebay, I think I made a mistake there...yeah

I've heard that before. I've read that Maran eggs can be incubated dry (with out any water added) Because of their dark shells.

Pretty much all eggs can be incubated dry here in the summer. The only reason I'm adding water right now is because the heating is on and it's driving the humidity out of the house. Humidity outside is 99% and around 95% in the rooms which aren't heated. When I've incubated dry before in those conditions, it stayed around 40% in the incubator. At the moment, the room where the incubators are is at 50% which leaves the inside of the incubator at 20% without additional water… a bit too dry!

Pretty much all eggs can be incubated dry here in the summer. The only reason I'm adding water right now is because the heating is on and it's driving the humidity out of the house. Humidity outside is 99% and around 95% in the rooms which aren't heated. When I've incubated dry before in those conditions, it stayed around 40% in the incubator. At the moment, the room where the incubators are is at 50% which leaves the inside of the incubator at 20% without additional water… a bit too dry!
I was actually wondering about that just the other day. I dry hatch where I live due to high humidity but yours is higher.

I also add water if it drops to 20%. I did set one egg this time that was porous and the air cell was too big at 7 day candling but the others are fine. I was surprised at the difference but I knew the porous egg was a gamble. I hope you get a little sunshine soon, Thanks for the info.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom