MARCH HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Status
Not open for further replies.
March 7th Hatch Date Candling Report:

Candling completed :

we have 25 Developing embroys!!!!!

2 infertile- (discarded tonight)

I sure thought I had joined this thread but don't find me so will join with my day 10 candling report.
lol.png
My friend an I candled her 8 eggs and my 17 "experiment" store-boughts. Of my friends 8, 4 were clears and 2 early quitters, 2 developing. Of the experimental eggs, 6 clears, 2 blood rings, 2 recent quitters and 7 developing. Used my 'new' [old Bell & Howel movie projector] candler..................
love.gif
LOVE it!
love.gif
could see movement instead of just shadows and air sack
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
awesome! My March dates so far are the 3rd and the 5th.

I will be setting some test eggs for a local grower in early March. The test eggs will be from flocks he has separated with a roo/12 hens, will NOT have been washed or refrigerated
lol.png

OK, officially joined the March Hatchalong!!
thumbsup.gif
pop.gif
caf.gif
jumpy.gif

I'd like to join in, too. I had a seriously broody hen awhile back and moved her to what we call "the condo" for the duration. I put 12 in with her but quite a few were not fertile. I have 3 eggs left. I just candled and they all look good. I expect new featherbutts around the 2nd of March. We'll have 2 araucana/feather-footed partridge and 1 buff/feather-footed partridge.

Well, today is day 7 and since I have very dark BCM eggs, I wasn't sure that I wanted to even try to candle them since the incubator was stable. But......I couldn't resist...and I think...at least of the majority....that there was an area of light..and an area that looked like it was shadowed...and no bad smell from any... So...I am going out on a limb and say that all is well. Now I have to get the incubator stabilized again. Temps up and down for the last few hours but I think ok now. I do have a question on the humidity. I have researched the dry incubation method and I am still unsure about the whole humidity thing. The humidity in the incubator has been 20-25 % all week. After candling the eggs, the humidity dropped to 13% but it is back up to 20% now. Should I go ahead and add a little water to raise the humidity or wait until the last 5 days? Any help is welcome..this is my first hatch.

Well I guess I will join in I set 4 dozen maran eggs, and have a hatch date of March 13th!! Good luck to everyone with their hatch

I wanna join too!! I set 12 Turken X RIR eggs from my own little flock on 2/13. So that makes my hatch date 3/6 right? I'm a first timer so figured I try my own chickens eggs before investing in other hatching eggs. I candled them with a flashlight tonight 1 was clear all the rest showing development. Some were too dark to see but I saw movement in atleast a couple of them. Im sure some must be quitters but I don't want to accidentally toss a viable egg due to inexperience. 10 days to go!!

lisal124: Take a look at the info in the #1 post, pg. 1 of this thread. There are a couple of sites to read thru & also what had worked for me lower on the post. Also, check out the site there on air cells, their easy to see with a flashlight at the wide end of egg. It's good that you asked about the humidity early in the incubation, there should still be time to adjust it if you choose to. Comments by other BYCer's are appreciated. Best wishes!

Get to candle my seven serama eggs tomorrow! I'm excited and hoping for the best! My eggs have had excellent fertility and Laurieks just hatched three out of four of the serama eggs I sold her, so I'm hopeful that this hatch will be a good one!
celebrate.gif
I originally only had six eggs in the incubator, but my hen laid a seventh one less than twenty-four hours after setting them so I figured, oh, why not! It's a lucky number, too, and I could use the luck.

Just found this page and am happy to join. Starting my hatching today 2/25 with a due date of 3/18. First timer with 14 Wheaten Marans in a HovaBator Genesis 1588. Im so anxious already i don't know How I will make 21 days. I barely made it through the 24 hrs of settling before starting incubating. LOL

32145_feb_2010_365.jpg

First Timer,
Ola
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom