MARCH HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: I have 1 EE out. 5 faverolles pipped. 1 faverolle ready to zip. This is so exciting I havent had a good hatch since Oct.
clap.gif
jumpy.gif

Today is day 5 and I candled the polish eggs and they all have veining and I even saw one eyeball!!!! Thanks to silkiechicken AWESOME thread with the those AWESOME pics, I now know what to look for!

Just wanted to let you all know that the second chick did get out today...been very busy, though so I haven't been able to get to computer to upload. So, here ya go.

Congrats to all of you who have fuzzy butts running around! Ok...back to the show!
pop.gif

Offhand, I just got back from taking my daughter to see the new Tim Burton/Johnny Depp colaboration: Alice in Wonderland. I think it's a great movie! Go get tickets and see it in 3D!!
thumbsup.gif

OK...take care, ya'll!

****UPDATE****
Candled - these Welsummers are almost harder than the Marans. So for some I can not be sure.

from Onthe spot
9/12 FBCM (1 Clear, 1 Quit, 1?)
3/4 olive eggs (1 Clear)
3/5 BCM/Olive egg layers (2 ?)
9/12 Mollted Javas (3?)

From okiehen
12/15 welsummers (3?)

From melissa41927
3/6 Pure Blk or Blue Cochins (3?)

One mix of my own...Beautiful sage green egg...I could not resist!
1/1 EE/Cochin SO Pretty

40 for sure that look good!!!

Can I join?? Setting 8 Wheaten Marans and 4 Cm also EE's one now hoping to get more Sunday to put in. Starting Sunday afternoon. This will be my 3rd hatch this year.
Hatch date to be 3/27/10

Last edited:
Quote:
How old is your daughter? My 10 year old wants to see it but I wonder if it looks a bit older than that? Thoughts?

I put 21 barnie eggs in the incubator on February 20th at 1:20 AM. I just candled 5 of them again tonight (soon to be day 15) and they're all doing great and dancing around in their eggs. I always have to say, "Well hello little baby!" before I put them back in the 'bator! *LoL* Anyone else talk to their eggs?
wink.png

Mine are a mix of some/all of the following:

Roosters
- RSL (x2)
- Bantam Cochin Frizzle (x1)

Hens
- BR (x3)
- WL (x4)
- NHR (X2)
- BCF (x1) *not laying yet*

My brown egg layers aren't doing much, so 16 of the 21 are from my WL girls.

Once these eggs go into the hatcher on Tuesday, I'm setting eggs from my EE hen, which will be EE x RSL. So far she's only given me 4 this week, but I'm hoping to have at least one more before it's time to set them
smile.png

ETA: These are due next Friday, the 12th, which just happens to be my b-day
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I have two faverolles bantam chicks out and one pipped then I have 8 ameraucana and two test eggs due on the 25th. Hopefully I will set more eggs silver penciled rock bantams soon.

Henry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom