MARCH HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
hugs.gif

Well I have just locked down 15 eggs so I should see some action by the weekend. They are a mix between hubbard golden comet and Plymouth Barred Rock hens and either or of my 2 roosters one is of unknown breed ( cream colored with a rust colored back and rust colored dots on the chest) named Roy, then other rooster is a Silver Laced Wyandotte named the Gray Ghost. Hope these chicks are interesting to look at. I'll even try to post some picks once the hatch is completely done.

Quote:
jumpy.gif

Going into lock down with some Marans eggs off e-bay. I don't expect much hopefully 2 or 3 out 14 eggs and leaset one to be a roo
smile.png

Ok due to interest from a few local people (wanting chicks) we have set 30 eggs this morning, after weights were taken on each egg, numbered for easy reference, & were candled for shell quality, at 9:59 AM the incubator was turned on; these are due to hatch April 8th.

35593_april8set5a.jpg

35593_april8set5b.jpg

there are
3 Light Brahma x EE (center)
6 Pure Light Brahma
9 Light Brahma x Barred Rock
4 Light Brahma x NHR
8 Light Brahma x Black Sex Link

There are a few already spoken for, the rest will be for my projects & laying flock.
love.gif

This will be my last hatch until Spring (warmer weather) actually arrives!

Last edited:
Quote:
Had you opened the eggs to confirm your candle finding? Sorry, that happened! I'm sure that 1/2 of my batch in lockdown was already gone by the over size of the air cells (along with the several temp spikes), but put them in separate incubator, they didn't smell so I didn't toss them & will check inside the eggs later. I'm an unrealistic eternal optimist apparantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom