Not open for further replies.
wee.gif

they really are little miracles!
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I had the worst experience today. One of the lavender eggs pipped, then bled out. My kids were watching as it just started spewing blood. There is a puddle underneath the now lifeless egg.

On a good note, we have 2 lovely cochin chicks and 8 quail. Lots of quail have not hatched but are still moving, so we'll just let them be for the time being. It is only day 18 for them, and it can take up to day 19, so they will just cook a little longer. Of the remaining lavender araucanas, one has pipped and can be heard peeping. No blood from that egg, but we're not touching it! (We didn't touch the other one, just watched horrified!)

Quote:
Congrats! What kind? Prove it, wanna see pics when you can please. Ha, Ha!

Oops! Got a little 'slap happy' with that, just joking around. Thanks for sharing your joy with us.

lol. Thats okay.
big_smile.png
A couple brahmas, some salmon faverolles, and the rest silkies.
smile.png

SundownWaterfowl: The Silkies on your website are more than georgeous. Have fun with your new hatch of chickies in 3 breeds. pics?

Barred Rocker: What a nice tray of chicks, looks like great coloring on the Orps!

Jen4: Happy lockdown!

schmmems: Congrats on your hatched chicks. Sorry to hear about the one egg experience, unfortunate; it must have been hard on your kids too. I expect that kind of thing does not happen often, I've never seen it myself. One thing about raising animals is that it sure teaches children & everyone about both the wonderful & hard lessons in life. Go have fun with your 'lil chickies.

well... half way in and my indian runner ducklings are formed within the egg... YAY... only one casualty at the beginning of incubation...

first time incubating eggs so I found that one egg had a much larger air sac than the rest, filled both trays to compensate and now having to have no water cups filled for a day or two to have an appropriate sized air sac...

is this wise?

Shall post pictures when my babies hatch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom