Marching Hen

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by RooptyDoo, Oct 21, 2008.

1. RooptyDoo

RooptyDoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Illinois
    I have a Blue Laced Andalusian hen that has a peculiar mode of transportation. She walks like any other chicken but then gets started in a high stepping march. She looks like some woman trying to boost up her girls! LOL! Her feet come up and touch just under her crop, first one and then the other. None of the other hens do this. She is very healthy. This is also the same hen that acts like her butt is chasing her. Have I just got a weird chicken or is this something that is breed specific?

2. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    I wish I had an answer to your question; I have an Andulasian Roo (splash) but he never has done that--my personal opinion is, if she is eating & drinking normally & no weird poo piles; let her be. Nature will take her course.
    I had one of mine acting weird for a couple days last week; I gave her some yogurt and left her alone & she was fine the next day.
    Hope it all goes well for you.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Different strokes for different chickens!

4. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Trying to boost up her girls! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Mobilelyn

Mobilelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2014
    I am way late to this thread but found it because my blue Andalusian hen is doing this also

Funny as heck to watch but I am a bit worried....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by