Marek’s? :(

This could be a pelvic injury caused by trauma or diet.
I’m giving her the benefit of doubt since she seems otherwise bright in her attitude. I continue to do sit down feeds with her so I know she is in fact eating her food, I give her her vitamins myself by mouth every day. I offered her a couple blackberries yesterday she wasn’t interested in those. But did take a couple bites of a watermelon chunk. Same gait though now this morning she has opted to eat at her bowl while laying down. Not sure if that is concerning or not. She came right up to me this morning as she does when I call for her.

I didn’t feel anything obvious with her bones in her legs or body. Nothing seemed out of place and she didn’t wince or try to get away if I manipulated anything.

Videos can be uploaded to YouTube with a link posted here. It sounds like an injury, but hard to know for sure. Your state vet lab in Kissimmee can perform necropsy to give a diagnosis when you lose a chicken. In the meantime human super B complex vitamins can be crushed into her food once a day, and dosage is 1/2 tablet daily. That can help with certain vitamin deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom