Marek's disease in young chicks

Bedste

Songster
10 Years
Aug 17, 2009
Cut n Shoot Texas
Please tell me what to do. I have lots of chickens but my new chicks that are about 6 weeks old are all dying one after the other.... they are paralyzed in their legs and then the wings and then they die. My research shows that it is probably Marek's disease. What can I do. Is the entire flock doomed? Please help

I am not an authority. I would get rid of all the chicks ASAP! Find out how you sterilize their quarters. Hopefully you did not have them in with the others. You'll get more advice, from others

I hatched these chicks. How did I get this disease? I just merged them in with the older hens. I had already lost a few before I did this but I thought it was cocciodis so I added Corid to their water and continued to loose more each day. I just now realized that they have all been paralized so I googled to find out what that is.... OMG do I have to loose all my birds? What can I do? O no

I would get a necropsy done on one of the birds who have died, so you can be sure what you are dealing with here. I had one chick die of Mareks and my other vaccinated chicks (now hens) did not get it.

Good luck with this. It's a very difficult disease to go through.

no one has been vaccinated. Today I bleached all the coops and destroyed the suffering one and moved the others that I am suspecting to become sick into a quarantine. What else can I do? Should I vaccinate the entire flock and the last three chicks?

Back
Top Bottom