Mareks disease?

Jan 17, 2021
About 6 weeks ago I quarantined a hen in my house. I assumed two roosters were fighting over her and that’s why she was walking weird to not being able to walk at all. She ended up passing about a month ago.

today I let my chickens out of the coop for the first time ina week (been on vacation) and now my rooster is walking weird and sideways. should I assume he was cooped up too long or should I get meds for mareks of something?

About 6 weeks ago I quarantined a hen in my house. I assumed two roosters were fighting over her and that’s why she was walking weird to not being able to walk at all. She ended up passing about a month ago.

today I let my chickens out of the coop for the first time ina week (been on vacation) and now my rooster is walking weird and sideways. should I assume he was cooped up too long or should I get meds for mareks of something?
Please stick to one thread. You will be answered on your other one. Thank you.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/is-my-rooster-sick.1476529/

It’s not coccidiosis. Symptoms of coccidiosis are bloody poop, lethargy...not leg problems.
This is not completely correct. Coccidiosis symptoms can include bloody poop, but not always. There are only 2 out of 9 strains that produce blood in the stool. A bird that is suffering from coccidiosis can absolutely present as walking weird, drunk or stumbling depending on how severe, how far along and how dehydrated they are.

Please stick to one thread. You will be answered on your other one. Thank you.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/is-my-rooster-sick.1476529/

This is not completely correct. Coccidiosis symptoms can include bloody poop, but not always. There are only 2 out of 9 strains that produce blood in the stool. A bird that is suffering from coccidiosis can absolutely present as walking weird, drunk or stumbling depending on how severe, how far along and how dehydrated they are.
Hello! Sorry for my delay. So I gave vitamin in water for two days and he’s still slowing up. But cleaning the run today, there is definitely bloody stool in there. Am I okay to assume it’s from him? If so, what do I do

Back
Top Bottom