Marek's? Egg bound? Whats wrong??

thanks to everybody who’s trying to help us solve this problem it’s extremely appreciated! She hasn’t pooped or layed an egg in the past day, but she did lay an egg three days ago before the problems began to occur. We don’t feel any weird bloating in her abdomen, but I’ll be sure to check once again soon.

Update! She has produced an egg with a little poop on it...

Attachments

• F14E7654-9EC3-4534-B358-3F76C4B34F85.jpeg
    F14E7654-9EC3-4534-B358-3F76C4B34F85.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 5
Further update: although she has laid an egg our poor chicken is still stuck on her side. It seems as though her head/neck is stuck at a different angle than her body so she's having problems standing. Any other ideas as to what this could be? I really hope its not Marek's

Further update: although she has laid an egg our poor chicken is still stuck on her side. It seems as though her head/neck is stuck at a different angle than her body so she's having problems standing. Any other ideas as to what this could be? I really hope its not Marek's
Glad she laid the egg.
Has she pooped yet?

Have you added new birds within the last 30 days?

If her head/neck is stuck - I would get some poultry vitamins into her that contain E, B1 (Thiamine) and other B vitamins if possible.

Any chance she ate something molded, rotten or got into something toxic (weed killer, fertilizer, spilled oil, etc.)

Glad she laid the egg.
Has she pooped yet?

Have you added new birds within the last 30 days?

If her head/neck is stuck - I would get some poultry vitamins into her that contain E, B1 (Thiamine) and other B vitamins if possible.

Any chance she ate something molded, rotten or got into something toxic (weed killer, fertilizer, spilled oil, etc.)

We have not added any new birds to the flock, and when we spray weed killer we always wait a few days until we let the girls out to free range. I'm sure there's always a chance she could've gotten into something she shouldn't have while we weren't looking though. We will go to tractor supply today to get some vitamins. Here is some of her poop

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    546.5 KB · Views: 4
How is she doing today?

If at all possible, taking a sample of poop for testing of worms would be a good idea.
While they likely are not the cause of her neck going stiff, they can contribute to a bird being unwell.

She is the same today, still stuck on her side but eating and drinking out of our hands. Her pupils are dilating so that's good i believe, and we're also giving her vitamin/electrolyte water.

Back
Top Bottom