Marek's incubation

Yesterday I have him the 4th shot (1 cnce a day). He does stand but he is also still walking heavy. He also walks with hos legs bent. He doesn't act sick except for that. Is this something that will go away with more time? None of the others are showing any signs and the pox looks like it's clearing up.

Hi there. I unfortunately think that my flock has Mareks. I have lost 3 already this week and have 2 girls not showing any symptoms, can someone tell me where to go from here?? I am completely dumbfounded and devestated about the whole thing ;( ANY advice would be much appreciated!! Thanks

A few years ago i sent a suspected Mareks chicken to the state agriculture for necropsy(free), and it was positive. I recomend doing this so you know for sure what you have. I lost a couple birds, but the ones who were vacinated or strong never got it and survived just fine. Mareks is shed in the dander and feathers, so pretty impossible to eradicate it from your coop, but as long as any birds you get have been vaccinated for now on you will be fine.

The hens that are left are from the same guy and not vaccinated. Are you saying they have a chance to survive??

I would put them on Tylan and Corid immediately. My Marek's vaccinated birds, well I lost 5 from opportunistic bacteria before I realized what was going on. The deaths stopped. So, you may have Marek's but I would try every possible other ailment. 2 of my birds got an eye infection and died within a few days. 3 got coccidiosis and died quickly. It showed no symptoms till hours before death (middle of the night). No blood anywhere till I picked them up, it came pouring out.

Keep us up to date.
Sorry

Back
Top Bottom