Mareks? Lead poisoning?

There must be a sub-lethal dose; I have no idea.
Mary
I will say though, I feel like she has made progress even since I made this post. She is trying SO hard to stand up and she can get on her feet and stay there for a little bit, though she is on a soft surface. Her neck is still twisty and hanging though when she tries. Her baby step progress gives me hope though.

How is she doing?
She has made a LOT of progress since making this post. She is now able to stand up, hold her neck straight and start to walk. She can eat regular feed now and drink water! We are still doing tube feedings for good measure. However, she still seems to be having some spasms. She will flap her wings and twist her neck at random times. When she starts walking it seems to be like she’s going in circles, but I have noticed her walk a few steps straight as well. She walks better when on a soft surface vs hardwood flooring. She’s a little bit uncoordinated, but she is getting better and is gaining strength every day. I just really hope she can get back close to baseline without major deficit. I have attached a pic of her from last night. She hadn’t been able to sit like this with her neck up before yesterday!

Attachments

• 18596F53-4231-4F0A-A26D-A80B26B56140.jpeg
    18596F53-4231-4F0A-A26D-A80B26B56140.jpeg
    395.5 KB · Views: 9
Wow, she looks so much better! You've done a great job with supportive care. :bow
We are trying!! Hopefully she can get her footing more stabilized. I am a little concerned there might be some neurological issues left because she still sometimes twists her neck and lays on it in a weird way (she still sometimes lays on her side and has to work to get up). Time will tell!

Back
Top Bottom