Mare's Illegal Cute-ness (Call Duck) Chat Thread!!

Pics
That back white one 😍
Ain't she the absolute cutest?!?! I love her and I love her little mini me, Piper, even more 😍 Piper definitely favors her mama Lidus, her Daddy Jason, and her auntie Butter. I can't tell who she favors more as she's still filling in ❤️

Then again, I absolutely adore all of Mare's flock ❤️ Including big booty, master crower, flock leader Rona 😁

Side note: I see that Puddin (aka Brad Pitt) has mastered that model stare. Look at that! 😍 He sure is a handsome little guy!

Crash was an inside duck for the first like 2 or 3 years of her life and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. :th I have no idea how people with house ducks do it!
Piper is an inside duck. I just got a pair of Calls to integrate her with because she's so little. Well the new hen is bigger than Piper 🤷🏻‍♀️ Between that and my daughter being so upset about the thought of Piper going outside for a life with other ducks, Piper is still inside. I was pretty emotional about the thought of Piper moving out too so it didn't take much. She's really easy and such a good girl. She follows me around and knows exactly where her water bowl is whenever she's running around free. She goes to her bowl immediately and if I'm not there, she'll start quacking as loud as she possibly can, like she's demanding I get in there to watch her 🤣

Ain't she the absolute cutest?!?! I love her and I love her little mini me, Piper, even more 😍 Piper definitely favors her mama Lidus, her Daddy Jason, and her auntie Butter. I can't tell who she favors more as she's still filling in ❤️

Then again, I absolutely adore all of Mare's flock ❤️ Including big booty, master crower, flock leader Rona 😁

Side note: I see that Puddin (aka Brad Pitt) has mastered that model stare. Look at that! 😍 He sure is a handsome little guy!
Ugh, those proportions are just the golden ratio of ducks

Piper is an inside duck. I just got a pair of Calls to integrate her with because she's so little. Well the new hen is bigger than Piper 🤷🏻‍♀️ Between that and my daughter being so upset about the thought of Piper going outside for a life with other ducks, Piper is still inside. I was pretty emotional about the thought of Piper moving out too so it didn't take much. She's really easy and such a good girl. She follows me around and knows exactly where her water bowl is whenever she's running around free. She goes to her bowl immediately and if I'm not there, she'll start quacking as loud as she possibly can, like she's demanding I get in there to watch her 🤣

More power to you! Crash couldn't be free-roaming at all because of the cats and dogs (plural at the time), so she essentially stayed in a brooder-type setup the whole time. What an absolute pain in the butt that was to keep clean! She was also much noisier than she is now, likely because I was still in college at the time so couldn't give her as much attention as she needed from what she viewed as 'her flock'. Poor thing. It was tough for me to move her out after all that time, but she's happier now and I'm happier for it, so it really was for the best. I love her dearly either way, but man, I love her a lot more as an outside duck where I'm not spending the bulk of my time with her just cleaning up her messes.

Youre Dumb Charles Barkley GIF by Saturday Night Live

Americas Got Talent Reaction GIF by Got Talent Global

You poor thing. lol
Yeah I got over the inside duck thing at about week 3 of cleaning the brooder. 🤣
Try it with geese. The last Calls I had in the house got a small bowl of water. When it was empty, they had to wait a few hours before I'd refill it. It cuts dramatically on the horrendous mess they can make.

Yeah I got over the inside duck thing at about week 3 of cleaning the brooder. 🤣

More power to you! Crash couldn't be free-roaming at all because of the cats and dogs (plural at the time), so she essentially stayed in a brooder-type setup the whole time. What an absolute pain in the butt that was to keep clean! She was also much noisier than she is now, likely because I was still in college at the time so couldn't give her as much attention as she needed from what she viewed as 'her flock'. Poor thing. It was tough for me to move her out after all that time, but she's happier now and I'm happier for it, so it really was for the best. I love her dearly either way, but man, I love her a lot more as an outside duck where I'm not spending the bulk of my time with her just cleaning up her messes.

Having more than one in the house was a full time job+. I'm still working on getting Moony integrated so he's staying inside my shop whenever he's not letting his future flock of girls chase and attack him.

Oh my. The Pastels are gorgeous. Your flock is beautiful. The OG sure have flourished. I still love Lidus!

Let me know if you want to add another color. I'd be more than willing to send some eggs from my show whites or grey. Or black east indie if you'd like. I have limited knowledge of showing but could help out with what I have learned from attending shows so far. My indies took 3rd and 4th and our last show.:love❤️
I'm totally ignorant when it comes to hatching and shipping eggs - how does it work to ship them?

I'm totally ignorant when it comes to hatching and shipping eggs - how does it work to ship them?
Once you gather them (ideally no more than 7 days worth), you package them VERY carefully and take them to the Post Office. NPIP certification is required to ship eggs.

Or were you wondering about a different aspect of shipping?

Once you gather them (ideally no more than 7 days worth), you package them VERY carefully and take them to the Post Office. NPIP certification is required to ship eggs.

Or were you wondering about a different aspect of shipping?
I was just wondering how long they would live while shipping! I'm in Washington state and I'm starting to get interested in Call ducks but can't really see any breeders around here.

Back
Top Bottom