Mare's Illegal Cute-ness (Call Duck) Chat Thread!!

How exactly do you know when the internal pip has for sure happened? I know what shadowing looks like if the egg is at the side of the incubator just right so a light can be shined on it. Does any one have a picture of an internal pip or point me to a reference. Just want to be prepared. I really hope I don't have to assist. The whites are pet quality, but the other two sets are much smaller.

How exactly do you know when the internal pip has for sure happened? I know what shadowing looks like if the egg is at the side of the incubator just right so a light can be shined on it. Does any one have a picture of an internal pip or point me to a reference. Just want to be prepared. I really hope I don't have to assist. The whites are pet quality, but the other two sets are much smaller.
I think @shawluvsbirds may have some pics. Usually when they internally pip, you can hear them tapping on the shell and peeping. You can also see their little bill if you candle.

Thank you!
Welcome!
You won't always see the bill pecking at the shell as prominent as in that video. It takes them a little while to reach the point. They can reach the shell to peck at it. In that video it had already made an external pip so it had already been internally pipped for a while.
Look for a little triangle shadow in the air cell and listen for tapping and chirping. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom