Married At Chicken Stock And Here Again

LMAO, You know 30 years back I'd go to grandma's to catch the Texas Cinnamon Spiders and sell them to pet stores and news paper ads before the internet was here. In Jr H it was a living. Nasty side was those breed of tarantula did not rear up before a bite, but just dropped down and got ya. Texas thing I think. In HS I had a pet zebra spider. He made a deathly leap one day from my hand. :( They get a wild hair, they get a wild hair. Sorry, you intrigued and engaged LOL.

As for my meat coop I decided to play a bit this next round for kicks and plan to save my runt slow growing females. I have a couple standard Cornish roos coming in with them. Figured why not? It'll play out or not. Bright side is hubby does not mind entertaining me. Lord, love my hubby and his never ending support for my play. If it works out I will share, if not too. Never too old to learn and play.

The puppy in the pic... LMAO... OMG She is horrible, so dang horrible and I love her for it. She is NOT EVERYTHING a decent dog should be and it makes me laugh daily. She is 6 years now and still not house broken. Everyone in the house swears she'd be dead or killed without me. I put a PeePee pad out daily just in case. I just love the train wreck she is. She is a dapple toy dachshund. Kids bought her with their piggy bank money (change) a month after my 13 year old Great Pyrenees died. I was just not moving or getting out of bed so they acted. They named her Penny since she was piggy bank money. She was discount because of a bad tear duct too... She is the worst/most awesome dog ever.

AND OMG don't get me started on recluses! That is a KS thing if anything! I am native Houstonian never having that issue and when I came to KS they were everywhere! My fridge was in storage for a stint and now is in the garage because I saw a recluse drop out on the way in. I was "Oh no, hell no" That is certainly a messed up Midwestern thing!
haha, wow, i rarely find people who share my interest in spiders...most think i'm a twisted, creepy little girl (hehe, maybe i am). Sad about your zebra :(

lol, yeah, this year i'm doing some playing to, planing to save some smaller females of the CX batch and breed them. I'm also gonna play around with a dark cornish x rhode island red, see if i can get a meaty bird the grows faster that the dark cornish...man, they take their time. It's fun learning what works and what doesn't. Oh, and btw, i raised my last batch of cornish cross just like i would a layer (no meat grower or anything) and then put them out to pasture as soon as they were old enough. Managed to get them to grow slower and they were a lot healthier. It was cool to see the big birds that had not health problems and were not just hanging on their feeders :) LOL, i have the best parents who put up with all my crazy animals. I literally ask them for a new animal every week...some weeks it's "sure", and some weeks its "are you freakin' crazy?" lol.

Haha, my dog is like that too. He is a little terrier mix, and i love him to bits, but he is the naughtiest dog ever! He's really smart too, and knows when he's doing something wrong. I mean, some stuff we wouldn't even know he did if he didn't give himself away using the guilty puppy look. I swear, after he's done a bad thing, he is so apologetic and will bug me until i forgive him by petting him...can't stay mad at him for long. Scooter hates me being gone, and my parents hate me going to my friends house for sleepovers cause he won't rest till i'm back :) He can make me laugh just by the expressions he makes. :p

IKR! I've lived in AL, and they are not a problem their, but when i moved to MO, they are crawling across the bathroom floor and sleeping in the closet! Only spider i hate lol. :p It truly is.

Thanks so much for the welcome back ;) City Farmer, I know what you mean about too many animals. If my daughter had her way it'd be a zoo. She has a tiny flock of Faverolles as her whole year honor roll award for last year, She is half way there this year, wonder what we will be getting this Summer?? LOL.

Thanks so much for the welcome back ;) City Farmer, I know what you mean about too many animals. If my daughter had her way it'd be a zoo. She has a tiny flock of Faverolles as her whole year honor roll award for last year, She is half way there this year, wonder what we will be getting this Summer?? LOL.
yeah, lol...i've already got a list, we'll see what happens
wink.png
Spring always comes with babies and newbies!!
wee.gif

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom