Marsh Rolex

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Old Man Tom, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Old Man Tom

Old Man Tom Songster

May 31, 2016
    100_3584.JPG 100_3585.JPG 100_3587.JPG So my uncle gave me this very nice incubator. It is a Marsh Rolex. I'm pretty sure it is one of the first ones they made. I'm thinking 70's or 80's. It does not have any digital controls. It has a wafer that rides above a switch that tells it when to turn on and off. It has an indicator light that comes on and off with the power. It came with the egg turner and has a forced air fan that runs continuously. I cleaned this up, did not take much. It looks like NEW!
    I plugged it in and turned it on. The unit works great. Fan runs, egg turner works and I have the temp holding at 100 degrees.
    The question is do I spend $75 for a 10 turn digital controller or run what I have.

Feathers4Fun2 likes this.
  2. MargaretAnneHK

MargaretAnneHK Songster

Mar 14, 2012
    Kellogg,Minnesota
    I am jealous as this is my dream incubator lol. I would try to incubate with what you have first, run some test hatches.

sourland likes this.
  3. Old Man Tom

Old Man Tom Songster

May 31, 2016
    When my uncle gave it to me I was pretty happy. Temp is rock solid at 100 degrees. I'm going to add some water and see what I can doo with the humidity.

MargaretAnneHK likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: