1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MARSH ROLL-X AUTOMATIC INCUBATOR

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by goofy98, Jan 25, 2012.

1. goofy98

goofy98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2011
    Prineville
    I just got this incubator and i cant figure out how to put it all together and its the older roll-x incubator i will get pics to night or in the morning but if you have this type of incubator please help me out.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  2. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    Well you got a good incubator.

It will almost hatch rocks.

What info are you needing?

3. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

4. goofy98

Sep 25, 2011
    Prineville
    ok well i think i figuerd it out but i pluged it in and it didint work the fan or the automatic egg turner and i was just given this so :) and i did take pics so here they are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    i have one, great incubators, sad i am selling all of my incubators...have over 12 different type.

6. deerman

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    if you want to sell that one let me know ,could use for parts ,or i may have parts you need.....that is over 600.00 incubator.

just looked at pics again thats a real old one. Not even a soild state, but think i may have a fan ,and auto turner motor..

i kind of collected incubators over the years, roll-x ,turn-x, sportsmans, lyon, hatchrite, jamesway, sears, just a crazy habit i had.

my advice for all those out there in hatch land.....forget those syroform onces and buy yourself a good old one....they last foor years, I have a sears one my dad bought in 1955...it still works.

not really wanting to sell mine........or they would have been on e-bay.......but hey BYC is my internet family.

7. goofy98

Sep 25, 2011
    Prineville
    i do need parts the fan and something from the egg turner. i am not looking to sell this for a wile.

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

That is an awesome incubator! I used one in lab and it really can almost hatch rocks. LOL

I know ours was ancient and sometimes you had to fiddle with the fan and turner to get it to work right. Think the turner had a button on the side where you could push it to test if it moved the wire racks.

9. deerman

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Yes i used mine for those high dollar parrot eggs.

Let me know whats not workin on the turner

10. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    If the heating or the fan didn't work, I would think that it may have been that the thermostat may need a new wafer. In a lot of incubators, the manufacturers make the mistake of attaching the fan to the thermostat. And if the fan and the heating don't work, then it may be the thermostat. I wouldn't know about the egg turner. I would suggest getting some oil, and taking the tuner motor apart and oiling the gears, and moving parts of the motor. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by