Martha Stewart Television Show Wants You!

ChicknJ

Songster
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
Central Florida
darn PaulaJoAnne , the whole world needs to see you can keep chickens from Alaska to Florida. I just sent in my ticket request. My mom lives in Ct and is the biggest Martha fan in the world, so I'll fly up for a couple days and take mom..... if I should get so LUCKY.

Hmmm, I wonder how long before we find out if we are ticket recipients?

PaulaJoAnne

Songster
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
Quote:
If you get to go, maybe you can wear a Tshirt that says hello from all the Alaskan BYCers!

ChicknJ

Songster
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
Central Florida
Deal
thumbsup.gif

ams3651

Songster
12 Years
Jan 23, 2008
NE PA
Id go in a heart beat if I had a babysitter and a ride there. But then again, Im more rural too.

Last edited:

Mahonri

Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast
Premium Feather Member
May 14, 2008
North Phoenix
My Coop
My Coop
Is it the week of March 15th? That would be great because it's right around spring break, I could talk my wife into a trip there!

Here is what I wrote:

My boys and I have been raising chickens in our small Phoenix back yard since April of 2008. We have an 8 X 10 coop with linoleum and an AC unit. (It gets warm in Phoenix) We sweep and mop the coop every week and we use the droppings to help our wonderful garden grow. We have a number of different breeds but we have a goodly number of Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas (lay blue eggs) and some French Black Copper Marans (lay large dark brown eggs). My wife loves the eggs for cookies and we give our neighbors and friends eggs on a regular basis.

My wife thinks that chickens are my "mid-life" crisis; my uncle from Houston thinks I need to attend an addiction and recovery class for my addiction to chickens! I just enjoy taking care of them and teaching my kids how to work with them. I work most days as a dentist and my wife works as a homemaker and mother of seven (a full-time job!).

I think it would be great for all Americans to get back to nature, raise some chickens or ducks and grow a garden. I love showing folks pictures of my chickens and my patients get to watch screen savers on my computers at work with my backyard chicken's pictures on them. A number of patients now have backyard chickens!

I joined the forum at Backyard Chickens.com in May of 2008 when I was looking for answers about how to care for the chicks that I ordered from McMurray hatchery in Iowa. They arrived on the last Sunday morning in April of that year and the rest is history. I was hooked on chickens!

Some folks find it hard to believe that I have chickens, others think it is just a natural thing. There is neighborhood just to the south of us where hundreds of feral chickens roam the streets. Mothers from adjoining neighborhoods walk their babies in baby strollers there and take along cracked corn to feed the chickens as they go... and that neighborhood is very protective of their feral chickens. One fellow in that neighborhood says he has a rooster and a couple of hens that peck at his window to wake him up in the morning so that he'll get up and feed them their breakfast!

Since we built the original coop, my 19 year old son built two breeding pens on either side of a skate ramp we also built in our small backyard.

As a hobby now I incubate and sell chicks and fertile eggs to folks around the city and even to some folks from out of town. We hope to soon start showing some of our Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas at chicken shows and I've just sent in an application to join the Ameraucanas Breeders Club.

I'd love to tell the world about how great it is to raise backyard chickens.

I doubt they take me but it was fun thinking about a trip to New York... I've been to upstate NY but never to the big city.

Last edited:

Robin'sBrood

Crowing
May 8, 2008
North Carolina
I love to go to represent BYC, and to see NYC again
big_smile.png
, but I'll be way too pregnant by then. Plus, I'm outside of city limits and probably aren't what they're looking for anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Sheriff

Crowing
10 Years
Jun 17, 2009
Northern CA
Awesome Mahonri. I forgot to copy mine before hitting send. It was pretty lame anyway. I droned on about having a chicken named Martha Stewart. I'm not going.............
th.gif

Edited to say "maybe I could apply again using my husband's name and try to make sense this time."
idunno.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom