Mary the Super Chicken

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Campine Lover, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Campine Lover

Campine Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Moss Beach, CA
    Mary is my black sumatra pullet. She's super friendly, super fast, and SUPER STRONG! First, I let them free range. She lept the 4 foot fence. I put another 2 foot to it. She lept it again. I put more to it. She lept it again. [​IMG] One day when I was trying to catch her, she leapt from the fence, to the top of the chicken coop, to the top of our 2-story roof! [​IMG]. I tried putting netting up, she lifted the end while the other chickens escaped, then she went under it. Freedom! [​IMG] I put her in a wire free ranging type pen with the "M-Squad" (chickens that always escape with names beggining with M) and she put her neck through the wire and knocked it over! I don't believe it! So then I put her in the coop. I came back an hour later, and the wire was peeled back in a hole just small enough for her to squeeze through. She had found the only hole, which HAD been only and inch or so, and made it big enough for her to squeeze through. Then I just gave up. She now goes where ever she wants. Do you see what I have to live with? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Mary sounds like a fun bird. Have you considered clipping her wings? Although what would you do with yourself when you don't have to chase after her? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by