Maryland Poultry Swap and Farmers Market JUNE 16th 2012 SHARPSBURG, MD 8-2pm **SHOW CLINIC**

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Msbear, Mar 20, 2012.

1. dadtochickenfan

dadtochickenfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Must they be tested in MD? We live in PA. They test for the same things. Is there a difference in testing protocol?

2. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    if out of state you need 10 ai test to enter the state

3. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    dadtoachickenfan, contact your local Ag. Dept. and they will be able to help you out. You'll need breeder birds tested for avian influenza and pullorum. The AI test requires a few days incubation time but must be completed no more than 10 days before the swap. It can be a little daunting but, the Ag. Dept. knows the drill and can get you squared away.

Peachick, so glad to hear your coming. Those blue eggs of yours get people going nutso:) I have the exhibitor list from Susquehanna show and will get the one from the Frederick show this week and am doing a mail out to all those folks. I think our vendor list will be similar to June 2012 with a few more. Please, everyone, keep posting flyers. That's the best way to let the buyers know we're here. Nothing stinks more than a ton of sellers and three people walking the isles looking to buy [​IMG] We'll be in the Herald Mail and, hopefully, the Frederick Post as well at The Buyers Guide and The Valley Trader. Those ads will all go out two weeks before the swap to insure poultry/small animal famers know where to come and buy some adorable new critters!

I do need help with the Show Clinic. I just won't have time to man it. We have a judge and I can help set up cages on D-day but, we need someone to help organize it but sending out entry forms, collecting money for the club, etc. anyone??? [​IMG]

4. curranchickens

curranchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2011
    Fredericskburg, VA
    I have a wish list!!!!!

I want blue wheaten ameracunas!!!!! I have been trying to get in touch with peachick to set up something ahead of time so that I do not have to run around like a crazy woman trying to find her before they sell out!

I also really want Golden Cuckoo Marans and/or Silver cuckoo Marans.... ANY chance of that happening??????

Also, thinking about a few bearded pure white silkies

Also, possibly some Salmon Faverolles or Blue Salmon Faverolles

5. curranchickens

curranchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2011
    Fredericskburg, VA
    NO!!!!!! When I read "threw them to the dogs" my heart literally skipped a beat!!!!! LOL. I sent you a pm earlier! Please get in touch with me! I would like to make arrangements for blue wheaten ameracunas. :D

6. Soaring Chicks

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    Hey peachick how much are you pea fowl babies?
    Hubby's mom has a friend wanting some I don't think color matter as long as there is color.
    They wanted us to find out so they can get us to get some.

7. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I am getting my AI testing done on the 20th, so I should have young (couple day old chicks to 2 months) BW/SW/W Ameraucanas with me.

Either way, I will be there.

(And looking for Heritage Delawares(?), Black and Mille Fleur Bantam Cochins, SQ Wheaten Ameraucana Roo and Lav Ameraucanas. May also be interested in some quail.)

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  8. Soaring Chicks

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    I have a few Lav am chicks left.

9. Soaring Chicks

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    I will have silver laced wyandotte chicks as hubby has changed his mind and has sold the breeders.
    So my list is
    chicks & started~
    SLW
    Lav AMs.
    BLRW
    Blue Jersey Giants(Blue/Black/Splash)
    Olive Eggers
    Easter Eggers
    SQ Black Javas
    Auburn Javas

10. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    As long as my testing is good (should be, I have no sickly chickens) I will be bringing BW/W Ameraucana chicks. I have 35 in the incubator in my daughter's class and I am going to hatch one last round right before the swap. So, I will have 1-2 day olds and 3 week olds. I may have some bantam Cochins. I have a MF Frizzle cockerel and buff Columbian cockerel (both 8wks right now) I want to bring. I also have a 6 month old dark MFC cockerel and black mottled rooster (he came from this same swap last year) I'd like to bring. All my bantam Cochins are broody, so I won't have eggs to hatch in time.

I don't need Delawares now, but still looking for everything else on my above list. I am also after a very nice, typey black Silkie cockerel/rooster. I have a lovely pen of girls I bought from CJExotics and no boyfriend for them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by