MARYLAND THREAD!

Hi! I'm new to chickens, and got 6 day old chicks. Being my first time owning chickens, I figured that one or two would die, but lo and behold, all of them are alive today! I live in Bethesda, and I'm wondering if there is anyone near me who has chickens. Also, my pullets are about to lay, and I'm wondering when a good time to switch them over to layers food would be, if anyone could help that'd be great!

You don't have to switch them to layer food. As long as your chick food is non-medicated, the hens can eat that as well. Just make sure they have oyster shells for calcium.

Hey everyone. Just checking I . We can't keep up with all the eggs we got from our 7 girls so I sell them for $1 dozen at work and my co-workers always want eggs. Wondering if anyone knows where we could rent a beehive or have someone put it on our land. We live in cecil county md.
Thanks
Niki

Hey everyone. Just checking I . We can't keep up with all the eggs we got from our 7 girls so I sell them for $1 dozen at work and my co-workers always want eggs. Wondering if anyone knows where we could rent a beehive or have someone put it on our land. We live in cecil county md.
Thanks
Niki

Here is some info and possible individuals to contact:

http://www.mdbeekeepers.org/links_resources.html

Does anyone have silkie hens for sale? Any color but i really want a black or buff. 

I have some you can have. They are black or blue (can't remember), have successfully hatched chicks, are laying now, and have correct toes. They are actually nice looking ladies. I'm really thinking of downsizing Silkies. My dogs, the wanna be LGDs, tend to try to love them to death, and it stresses me out. I acutally have two in the hospital cage now thanks to my silly dogs (two other hens are simply hurt).

I also have three roosters that need a home. Two are not SQ or BQ by any stretch of the word, but they are WONDERFUL to the hens and can free range. The other is OK and would do OK for a 4-H kid, but he isn't up to my breeding standards.

I don't do farm visitors, but I'm willing to meet you somewhere. I travel quite often from my home in Mt. Airy south down 70, 32 and 95.

Hi! I'm new to chickens, and got 6 day old chicks. Being my first time owning chickens, I figured that one or two would die, but lo and behold, all of them are alive today! I live in Bethesda, and I'm wondering if there is anyone near me who has chickens. Also, my pullets are about to lay, and I'm wondering when a good time to switch them over to layers food would be, if anyone could help that'd be great!

I'm in Aspen Hill. We have 7 laying hens in our yard. I'm also raising Rhode Island Reds and New Hampshire Reds to sell. They're at 6 weeks now. Good luck with your new chicks!

Also, don't be alarmed if your pullets don't start laying on time. They may not start because of the season change. You may not get eggs out of some or all of them until spring.

Just wanted to let anyone who may be interested there is a poultry swap in Felton DE this upcoming weekend.

1269388_567530209961736_768949324_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom