MARYLAND THREAD!

I was hoping to track down a couple hens as I have a mature roo... if not, I will def be interested in some eggs. My guy looks almost mille fleur. I'd love a blue hen or 4
tongue.png

I was hoping to track down a couple hens as I have a mature roo... if not, I will def be interested in some eggs. My guy looks almost mille fleur.  I'd love a blue hen or 4 :p
I have not ever seen any mature hens for sale. Most of us who are breeding keep every hen that comes our way. I have heard rumors of trios on CL out west, but here in MD...haven't seen a hen yet.

If you see a hen, be careful. Some people think they have SFH when really they have speckled something else.

SunnySkies is right.

Hens and pullets are hard to come by. I was at the Gilmanor Swap north of Richmond, VA on the 21st. This swap is approximately four times the size of the Sharpsburg Swap. The only SFH to be found for sale there were roosters, cockerels, chicks and hatching eggs. No pullets or hens to be found and I looked!

Do watch out for SFH crosses though too. If you are intersted in crosses that is fine but you should be sure in what you see. I have found that SFH roosters to extremely fecund and will breed with every hen in sight.

Hello from Anne Arundel County!
1f425.png

We are near Annapolis in Arnold and have a flock of 21. A variety of feathered beauties,
Each one a special character, as you all know so well from your own flocks.
We recently lost our little polish guy "Hair Dude" to a hawk ( have since added another few hundred yards of fishing line to the run area in my now full-time job of predator prevention)
So we are looking for polish chicks in an effort to "undo" the loss of our little Dude
Anyone out there have little chicks for sale?

I was rescued off the side of 32 and 144 today by a fellow MD chicken peep. It's funny how chicken people find each other in the most unexpected places.

Hello Fellow Marylanders. My son and I are selling our 9 Rhode Island Reds, 4 New Hampshire Reds, and 2 Dominiques. They're all NPIP certified from Meyer Hatchery. All Pullets. Hatched 25th and 26th of August. Fully feathered. Mareks vaccinated.

$20 each or 3 for $50. We're located near Georgia and Connecticut Avenue in Aspen Hill. PM me if interested.

Any of you keep bees? If so, please message me. I'd like to learn more about beekeeping, but hubby's work schedule, my work schedule, and my oldest son's swimming schedule conflict with the local beekeeper associations' meetings :( I'm reading all I can find, but local and more specific information would be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom