MARYLAND THREAD!

you guys wont believe this... I TOOK PICTURES... then couldn't find the cord to my camera to put them on the computer. My phone is a piece of poop so I cant send them to the site. Soooooo. I'm back to square one. hhmmm

Quick update on the bathtub pond. I set it down my the goose house. I spent most of the day getting used to the idea. I even googled some images. The husband called right as I was ready to jump on board with the idea... you guys will never EVER guess what he has in store for his ducks. You know, the ones I have to replace.... a **** toilet. "Well, they need a comfy nest. Don't they?' This clown wants a toilet for a nest, a bathtub for a shower.... If he comes up with an idea for a sink, I'm gonna make him sleep with them, Sorry guys, I draw the line at the toilet No way Jose.

On a better note. I will admit some of the bathtub ponds I saw were really amazing. I'm actually a little excited to get it started. There is a crack in it so I will get some fiberglass in the next few days to repair that. I thought while I'm doing fiberglass I would build in some little steps and fiberglass them so I wont have to put bricks in there taking up space. I've still got to finish fixing up one of the other coops. Calgon take me away.. far far away from a bathtub pond.

Thanks again Lisa for a dose of laughter before bed.
lau.gif
I now have no clue who is funnier, you or your hubby...mmmhh!!!! or if this is real... whichever the case I can't for tomorrow. y'all be blessed

you guys wont believe this... I TOOK PICTURES... then couldn't find the cord to my camera to put them on the computer. My phone is a piece of poop so I cant send them to the site. Soooooo. I'm back to square one. hhmmm

Quick update on the bathtub pond. I set it down my the goose house. I spent most of the day getting used to the idea. I even googled some images. The husband called right as I was ready to jump on board with the idea... you guys will never EVER guess what he has in store for his ducks. You know, the ones I have to replace.... a **** toilet. "Well, they need a comfy nest. Don't they?' This clown wants a toilet for a nest, a bathtub for a shower.... If he comes up with an idea for a sink, I'm gonna make him sleep with them, Sorry guys, I draw the line at the toilet No way Jose.

On a better note. I will admit some of the bathtub ponds I saw were really amazing. I'm actually a little excited to get it started. There is a crack in it so I will get some fiberglass in the next few days to repair that. I thought while I'm doing fiberglass I would build in some little steps and fiberglass them so I wont have to put bricks in there taking up space. I've still got to finish fixing up one of the other coops. Calgon take me away.. far far away from a bathtub pond.
Ha that is epic. I may steal the tub idea for later use though. Plum the drain down the hill outside their run, WOULD be perfect for cleaning.

On a side note, on my way home this eve, I saw a hot tub in someones yard along the road. Sign on it said FREE FISH POND.

DH is lucky I wasn't driving the truck. I totally thought DUCKIE POND when I saw it there. Maybe it will still be there tomorrow...

Thanks again Lisa for a dose of laughter before bed.
lau.gif
I now have no clue who is funnier, you or your hubby...mmmhh!!!! or if this is real... whichever the case I can't for tomorrow. y'all be blessed

Hahaha. Welcome to my life. I couldn't make this stuff up. He's definitely funnier than me. I think he lives just to make people laugh. Love that about him.
Ha that is epic. I may steal the tub idea for later use though. Plum the drain down the hill outside their run, WOULD be perfect for cleaning.

On a side note, on my way home this eve, I saw a hot tub in someones yard along the road. Sign on it said FREE FISH POND.

DH is lucky I wasn't driving the truck. I totally thought DUCKIE POND when I saw it there. Maybe it will still be there tomorrow...
The cleaning part is the main reason I'm on board. When I was googling "bathtub ponds" yesterday, there were TONS of ponds made from hot tubs. Some of them were actually pretty cool. Most of them were the old claw foot bathtubs. Those were beautiful.

Hello everyone! Me and my soon to be flock are from Salisbury! So nice to meet other people with back yard flocks in an area overrun with commercial chicken farming! ;)

Hey Salisbury,

My chicks come next week... we can muddle through together.  I am in Severna Park, outside of Annapolis.  

Margie

What kind of chicks did you get? BYC has been a great resource so I'm starting to feel a little more confident. My brooder is ready and my chicken run is built but I still have to build the coop.

Theirs a livestock auction in De,not too far from us.Went tonight and got 6 White-Crested Black Polish chicks and 6 White Leghorn hens to add to our flock.
Kids are excited.

We are getting:

9 yr old son Mitchell picked a Dominique
I chose a Black Austalorp
We are getting an Easter Egger which my daughter had trouble loving the idea of...and since it was her first pet, I searched and found a Crested Cream Legbar... Millie, age 6 and this is the first pet she has been able to choose herself...
My husband gets the free chick that we will have no idea what it is... They throw in a Meyer Meal Maker if you promise to donate eggs to another family. My hubby wants to name her chicken #4... I am working on that...

That's 5, right? We started out with 3 and ended up with 5... let's hope I can keep them all alive.

What are you getting?

Margie

We are getting:

9 yr old son Mitchell picked a Dominique
I chose a Black Austalorp
We are getting an Easter Egger which my daughter had trouble loving the idea of...and since it was her first pet, I searched and found a Crested Cream Legbar... Millie, age 6 and this is the first pet she has been able to choose herself... 
My husband gets the free chick that we will have no idea what it is... They throw in a Meyer Meal Maker if you promise to donate eggs to another family.  My hubby wants to name her chicken #4... I am working on that...

That's 5, right?  We started out with 3 and ended up with 5... let's hope I can keep them all alive.

What are you getting?

Margie

After a lot of research, I decided to get faverolles. They are extremely docile, which is important for my 16 month old son. They also lay well and are pretty! My husband told me he would help build the coop and run but that was it. We'll see! He has a soft spot for animals! The poor birds will never be able to roam free. Our own dog's would do them in but we also have almost all chicken predators here too.

Back
Top Bottom