MARYLAND THREAD!

Theirs a livestock auction in De,not too far from us.Went tonight and got 6 White-Crested Black Polish chicks and 6 White Leghorn hens to add to our flock.
Kids are excited.

I've been itching to go to the auction. Did you notice if they had any ducklings? Maybe I will try to make it up there next week and see what they have.

Yes,I did see quite a few boxes of ducklings their,also a few boxes of goslings.Box after box of baby chicks,pheasants,and turkeys too.The auction is called Dills auction,in Sandtown,De.Every Wednesday night,starts around 6 pm.

After a lot of research, I decided to get faverolles. They are extremely docile, which is important for my 16 month old son. They also lay well and are pretty! My husband told me he would help build the coop and run but that was it. We'll see! He has a soft spot for animals! The poor birds will never be able to roam free. Our own dog's would do them in but we also have almost all chicken predators here too.
I looked them up and they are beautiful... I think the ones I chose are pretty docile too... I am super excited for next week... Our coop comes in June and they will be ready to head outside by then. I just keep reading and reading and reading... we'll post pics when they arrive... Can't wait to see yours too!

Pekin, Muscovy or Rouen, I have a pond that's getting overgrown with algae I read that some eat it.
I was at the farm store in Berlin today and they had some ducklings. Many different kinds. Give them a call in the morning and see what they have left, I bet they'll still have some!

Just be careful with what you buy. They were closed earlier this year with some disease issue. May be a good thing as the state is likely all over it now.

Last edited:
hugs.gif
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO EVERYONE... Hope everyone had a blessed day,
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom