MARYLAND THREAD!

Howdy Gang! I'm new to BYC and I'm in Thurmont MD. My wife and I decided to start a small farm a few months ago, and we jumped all in. We now have 58, 6 to 10 week old chickens, Delawares, Copper Marans, Ameraucanas. We pick up 12 welsummer chicks tomorrow, and also have 16 Barred Holland eggs in the 'bator. Yeah, we got serious quick!

Just wanted to say Hi, and I'm looking forward to talking to you all!!
welcome-byc.gif
. Are you going to keep any other animals?

Howdy Gang! I'm new to BYC and I'm in Thurmont MD. My wife and I decided to start a small farm a few months ago, and we jumped all in. We now have 58, 6 to 10 week old chickens, Delawares, Copper Marans, Ameraucanas. We pick up 12 welsummer chicks tomorrow, and also have 16 Barred Holland eggs in the 'bator. Yeah, we got serious quick!

Just wanted to say Hi, and I'm looking forward to talking to you all!!
Welcome & Hi Neighbor :) I'm on Gambrill Park Rd, on the Thurmont end, so probably not too far from you. I have had my chicks for about a year now but have not expanded to your size yet! That is certainly jumping in with both feet!

Congrats, welcome and good luck!

Loc20Chick:

We would like to expand to, well, probably lots of animals, lol. We may try some meat birds like naked necks, or freedom rangers this summer.

Next year:
-we would like to hatch our own chicks to bring the layers up to around 100
-adopt a livestock guardian dog
-start a meat bird csa
-add goats and/or sheep to run in front of the chickens in a rotational grazing setup
-maybe a jersey cow for milk for our family

After that, we would like pigs, and beef cows. So, that's our plan atleast!

FergieChick,

Yes, we certainly made a big jump! We actually outgrew the coop before I finished building it! Luckily its big enough for all of them, atleast until they start laying, but my next coop will be ready by then!

Check us out on Facebook!

Loc20Chick:

We would like to expand to, well, probably lots of animals, lol. We may try some meat birds like naked necks, or freedom rangers this summer.

Next year:
-we would like to hatch our own chicks to bring the layers up to around 100
-adopt a livestock guardian dog
-start a meat bird csa
-add goats and/or sheep to run in front of the chickens in a rotational grazing setup
-maybe a jersey cow for milk for our family

After that, we would like pigs, and beef cows. So, that's our plan atleast!

Wow, talk about self sufficiency and you'll be making money too.. All the best

If anyone is interested in learning about cream legbars and their genetics, I will be doing a live demonstration event in northern Loudoun County, in Lovettsville, VA at the local library on August 4th. See the notes below:

Comparison of Varieties within the Cream Legbar Breed

This will be a live presentation of cream legbars that demonstrate the effects and the influences of the Ig and ig genes upon the physical appearance of the cream legbar. Also shown in this demonstration will be a pair of white cream legbars which display the effects of recessive white genes.

Street Address:
12 North Light Street
Lovettsville, VA 20180

Directions
Directions printable

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 189
Lovettsville, VA 20180

Date and Time:

Phone:

540-822-5824 Voice
540-822-5998 Fax

Branch Manager:
Catherine Hall
Monday, August 4th at 7:30 PM

NOTE: All attendees are requested to wear clean clothes to avoid transmission of diseases from one chicken flock to another. Attendees will be allowed to look but NOT touch the chickens presented in this presentation.

Hope to see some you there!

Tony Markley
Eastern Regional Director
Cream Legbar Club
High Water hill Farm
Lovettsville, VA

Hello,
If anyone is interested in a paint silkie chick, I have one available. The chick was born on 06/04. Both parents are nice and make great pets.The chick cost $20 dollars. If anyone is interested you can email me at [email protected] or pm me. Located in Lothian, MD.
Here are a couple pictures...

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom