MARYLAND THREAD!

Anyone interested in getting Buff Orpington Ducks from Metzers Farm? I live in North Carroll County - but I do not need 10 baby ducks - i might try to hatch some in incubator but the web page says live duckling have a better success rate... I want about 5 - anyone else want 5.

Hey there Frederick Co (Yellow Springs or Gambrill mountain) friends, is anyone looking for this girl? A friend who lives at the corner of Bethel/Yellow Springs (Hamburg) Rds found her in his yard. The pics are dark but she's black, maybe molting?

Last edited:
Hey there Frederick Co (Yellow Springs or Gambrill mountain) friends, is anyone looking for this girl? A friend who lives at the corner of Bethel/Yellow Springs (Hamburg) Rds found her in his yard. The pics are dark but she's black, maybe molting?
ETA: This was not one of mine! If someone else is missing chickens in the area of Yellow Springs, please check this out. It looked like an australorp or an australorp/mix to me. A gorgeous chicken, obviously well cared for.

I had a huge predator attack last week and lost 14 of my 31 chickens. I found only 8 carcasses so there may be some still alive and wandering around. As a matter of fact, one of them showed up at the run just an hour ago. I'm about 1.5 miles north of Hamburg on Gambrill Park. It seems quite a distance for a chicken to wander, but you never know. It's worth checking out. The ones I lost are black copper marans, about 1 year old.

Let me know how to get in touch, send me a pm, please.

Thanks
Jo

Last edited:
Hi all, not sure if I introduced myself or not...3 kids...worse for the brain then drugs!
roll.png

I loved the idea of chickens, combine that with my intense allergies (can't be in a super clean home that has a gerbil), thus the need for an outdoor pet, we ended up renting 3 hens and a coop from a local rental place. We fell in love and I found an animal Im NOT allergic to!!
wee.gif
So, long story short, 8 weeks later we have a \n awesome coop, 2 hens and six 5+ week old chicks. My 2 younger kids are in love, especially my almost 9 year old daughter who belongs on a farm, a dance floor, and a skateboard half pipe.

We've had several struggles- one of the rental (know we own her) hens had (hmmm..cant remember the chicken term) ringworm, which I diagnosed and fixed, but failed to follow up on, do its back and need to start treating her again. And it appears one of my chicks has gleet. Been treating her and although no better over the past 3 days, shes still eating and active. On top of that, the chicks and hens did GREAT together in the coop/run for 3 nights, then I had a birthday party, all were stressed, we stayed outside until sunrise- I suspect thats why the hens attacked the chicks. 3 of them got pecked pretty well, but are on the mend.
bow.gif

I thought I broke my ankle Monday, turns out just to be a sprain, thus my girls havent been taken care of as well as they shouldve, but Im hoping tomorrow I can get out there and do more!

Oh, my name is Jennifer, I have 3 human kids and a husband and live on the outskirts of Damascus.
frow.gif

Hi all, not sure if I introduced myself or not...3 kids...worse for the brain then drugs!
roll.png

I loved the idea of chickens, combine that with my intense allergies (can't be in a super clean home that has a gerbil), thus the need for an outdoor pet, we ended up renting 3 hens and a coop from a local rental place. We fell in love and I found an animal Im NOT allergic to!!
wee.gif
So, long story short, 8 weeks later we have a \n awesome coop, 2 hens and six 5+ week old chicks. My 2 younger kids are in love, especially my almost 9 year old daughter who belongs on a farm, a dance floor, and a skateboard half pipe.

We've had several struggles- one of the rental (know we own her) hens had (hmmm..cant remember the chicken term) ringworm, which I diagnosed and fixed, but failed to follow up on, do its back and need to start treating her again. And it appears one of my chicks has gleet. Been treating her and although no better over the past 3 days, shes still eating and active. On top of that, the chicks and hens did GREAT together in the coop/run for 3 nights, then I had a birthday party, all were stressed, we stayed outside until sunrise- I suspect thats why the hens attacked the chicks. 3 of them got pecked pretty well, but are on the mend.
bow.gif

I thought I broke my ankle Monday, turns out just to be a sprain, thus my girls havent been taken care of as well as they shouldve, but Im hoping tomorrow I can get out there and do more!

Oh, my name is Jennifer, I have 3 human kids and a husband and live on the outskirts of Damascus.
frow.gif
Howdy Jennifer. Greetings from southern Maryland. Enjoy your chicken kids!

Hi all, not sure if I introduced myself or not...3 kids...worse for the brain then drugs! :rolleyes:

I loved the idea of chickens, combine that with my intense allergies (can't be in a super clean home that has a gerbil), thus the need for an outdoor pet, we ended up renting 3 hens and a coop from a local rental place. We fell in love and I found an animal Im NOT allergic to!! :weee So, long story short, 8 weeks later we have a \n awesome coop, 2 hens and six 5+ week old chicks. My 2 younger kids are in love, especially my almost 9 year old daughter who belongs on a farm, a dance floor, and a skateboard half pipe.

We've had several struggles- one of the rental (know we own her) hens had (hmmm..cant remember the chicken term) ringworm, which I diagnosed and fixed, but failed to follow up on, do its back and need to start treating her again. And it appears one of my chicks has gleet. Been treating her and although no better over the past 3 days, shes still eating and active. On top of that, the chicks and hens did GREAT together in the coop/run for 3 nights, then I had a birthday party, all were stressed, we stayed outside until sunrise- I suspect thats why the hens attacked the chicks. 3 of them got pecked pretty well, but are on the mend. :bow

Oh, my name is Jennifer, I have 3 human kids and a husband and live on the outskirts of Damascus. :frow

Hello from the Eastern shore! :) I have an 18 month old son. Four faverolles chicks at three weeks old and three two week old silkies.

Back
Top Bottom