MARYLAND THREAD!

They get new varieties every week so I'd keep checking back and keep checking craigslist. Someone near me is still selling BR chicks. There's also a lot of options if you're willing to try the Richmond, VA area.

Hi! I'm looking into getting chickens, we're moving into our new house in June and a chicken coop is first on my list! We'll be in Washington county! Any tips on figuring out who to ask about chicken zoning?

Hi! I'm looking into getting chickens, we're moving into our new house in June and a chicken coop is first on my list! We'll be in Washington county! Any tips on figuring out who to ask about chicken zoning?

Your pretty safe in Washington county. There should be a county zoning and planning office--stuff about chickens may even be on their FAQs. A lot of the time, it's really what your neighbors don't care to report dictates what you can have.

Sure, I'm in Pittsville.

We have an ideal place to "play chickens", if anyone is up for it. 12 acres, half wooded and lots of room for kids to run and play.

We're rehabbing what we euphemistically call the "cottage" on the property, turning it into a neo-Tuscan themed hideaway. Small, but designed for entertaining, actually.

It was an abandoned horse farm at one time, and we turned part of the stables into a coop with an outdoor run for our 24 birds...seventeen pullets, six bantams and a friendly cockerel.

If anyone is up for a "hen party" (LOL!!) let me know!

Back
Top Bottom