MARYLAND THREAD!

Where are you in Maryland?

I'm in Baltimore County!

PS: I think the maryland law on registering birds is stupid!
I was in Baltimore county last year, but the only problems I had with that law was my landlord and I had to temporarily relocate them with family. Also since this is the Maryland thread, does anyone have any adult Welsh Harlequin hens? I’m in need of some and I’m up near Frederick, but I can go up to an hour away. I need to even put my primarily male flock, and two hens should do the trick, and my family likes the idea of Harlequins

Hey everybody,
So unfortunately a fox got one of our ducks, and now we only have one. I have spent the last few days updating their coop and making sure nothing like that could happen again, but I still need help with getting another duck as I know keeping one duck is cruel. I was hoping I could get some help from the community here on what our next steps should be or where to find another duck in the approaching winter time.
P.S. (I also posted this in the duck thread, but I was recommended to post here as well)
Thanks.

Hi from Carroll County. I thought I fully understood the rules regarding keeping quail but after calling the zoning office it turns out I do not. Just wondering if anyone has had the county come out to check things out after calling with a question (I was silly and gave them my address) . I was thinking that I probably won't have a problem unless someone calls to complain. Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with zoning enforcement.

Hey! Fellow Carroll Co resident here too! And yes, I made the same mistake calling and giving the address. I did that back in July/August and never got a visit, thankfully. I'm not going to believe what they tell me over the phone anyway, especially after they told me I couldn't have roosters, then back tracked then told me I could after I questioned them and made them look again.

I am in Carroll County too. We just moved here about a year ago from Baltimore County. Gosh I love it!! We started our flock about a year ago and have grown to 40+ chickens in three coops. I am offically addicted and looking to expand more this year!

Back
Top Bottom