MARYLAND THREAD!

Hi Patty !
Love the farm sign in your avatar... Did you get your sign made locally or did you make it yourself? Glad to see another Marylander coming forward!

frow.gif
Hi from down in southern MD (way, way down south...
lol.png
)

As for the poultry registration thing, I don't think it's a big deal for anyone just keeping a small backyard flock (though the state would probably tell you otherwise--I think they want everyone to register regardless, but that's never going to happen). It's more of an issue for people who are selling birds, showing, etc. I am registered because I have a permit to operate a hatchery and sell live birds and hatching eggs. However, when I just had a few laying hens, I did not (and would not have) registered.

Hello! Anne Arundel County here! I mostly do breeding but we have quite a few breeds and species!
Here's what I have hatching now:
Black shouldered peafowl
Lady Amherst Pheasants
Red Golden Pheasants
Mandarin Ducks
Muscovy Ducks
Show quality Black Ameraucanas
Blue Slate Turkeys
White Crested khaki/chocolate polish
SQ Silver Laced polish
And hopefully more hatching in the next few weeks!!

Hey all! I'm not technically in Maryland but I'm awful close to the Eastern Shore and to the folks in Salisbury...I live in Sussex County, DE. I have 8 week old Speckled Sussex pullets right now. I am actually looking for a few more, maybe Red Stars or some other good egg layers.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom